Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Spanish Lawnsite.com

Kansas City, MO. (Jan, 2005) – Recognizing the growing contribution the Hispanic community is making in the world of commercial landscaping, Lawnsite.com has launched a Spanish-language version of this Web site.

Because of the steady increase the industry has seen in the Hispanic labor force, as well as the proliferation of Hispanic-owned businesses, Lawnsite.com understands the importance of catering effectively to this important group. The site allows Hispanic users access to a fully translated version of the popular English Lawnsite.com as well as Spanish based forums where Hispanics can discuss the industry with their peers.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

get out of my country
Old 02-20-2005, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Member

will lawnsite.com provide us with translated version of their Spanish forums
this should be a two way transfer of ideas.

oh and do you know the web address of it?
i'd like to check it out
Old 02-20-2005, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Member

From my point of view.

If you can't read, write, or speak English, then you should get the !!!! out of the United Stated of America and go back to your native homeland.
Old 02-20-2005, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Member

For all the people living in this glourious USA, its amazing how many people can't speak, read or write the english language until it comes time to discussing money!!!!! Then all immigrants no how to count in ENGLISH....

Sorry bad day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2005, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, fellas, how quickly we forget our ancestry! Can anyone who's a member of homo sapiens really claim that all their ancestors lived here in the Western Hemisphere? Nope. The archaelogical record is crystal clear on that one.

Look, Latinos have their place here in the U.S. Do you know how expensive fruits and vegetables would be without them? Also, as Latinos get settled into life here, they're trying to get OUT of our industry. I see a lot more Latino guys working in construction, for instance, which pays better than we pay.

Incidentally, Grassmasters, it isn't your country. It's all our country. Drop the proprietary attitude. Who died and appointed you the god of the U.S.?

You guys can see all this as a problem or as an opportunity. You can look at both English and Spanish-language versions and try to learn Spanish, or you can grow a shell to protect yourself. The smart Latinos and Latinas will use that to learn English. The knuckleheads won't bother.

One thing to think about, Nasandsons: when the waters of change rise, that shell you've crawled into will drown you. Get used to change or become a dinosaur. Your ancestors and mine probably were not that conversant in English when they hit the shores. Latinos in the U.S. are not at risk from the changes in our society: people like you are.

Decide now if you want your mental arthritis to kill you or if you want to adapt to change. It's your call: graveyard of people who won't flex, or life. Tough choice, eh? The Latinos who are moving here have already demonstrated that they're strong enough to adapt. How about you?

Ham and eggs. A day's work for a chicken; a lifetime commitment for a pig.
Old 02-20-2005, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fareway Lawncare
Kansas City, MO. (Jan, 2005) – Recognizing the growing contribution the Hispanic community is making in the world of commercial landscaping, Lawnsite.com has launched a Spanish-language version of this Web site.

Because of the steady increase the industry has seen in the Hispanic labor force, as well as the proliferation of Hispanic-owned businesses, Lawnsite.com understands the importance of catering effectively to this important group. The site allows Hispanic users access to a fully translated version of the popular English Lawnsite.com as well as Spanish based forums where Hispanics can discuss the industry with their peers.
You are so full of it, why are you always trying to stir up the anti-hispanic crap that goes on here. Your wife dating one????
Old 02-20-2005, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I hope more hispanics and minorites come into this country to get rid of all the hicks here. I welcome them.
Old 02-20-2005, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i agree with mark, plus, spanish chicks are hot
Old 02-20-2005, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygedd
i agree with mark, plus, spanish chicks are hot

And the ones that aren't, sure can cook (usually)
Closed Thread