Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-15-2000, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Was just finishing off reading the issue of Turf mag that came today and saw the &quot;feature&quot;. Must be nice seeing all your hard work with this Site payoff in such a great article. Now we might get the added voices we need. Pretty good article about this site as it was practically all a string from here. (You guys write so well *L*)<p>OS<p>P.S. Didn't see any reference to the &quot;other&quot; sites. <p><br>&lt;font size=&quot;1&quot;&gt;Edited by: Scraper<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: Scraper
Old 05-15-2000, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Wooo Hoooo !!<p>Can somebody send me their used copy of the new magazine. Since I moved the USPS has not sent me a single issue and I have been to busy to think about having them change the address.<p>Send to;<br>Chuck Keough<br>407 Sunrise Dr<br>Raymore, MO 64083<p>Thanks in advance.!
Old 05-16-2000, 06:29 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Scraper, what issue is it? I got one a couple weeks ago but didn't see anything in there.<p>Homer
Old 05-16-2000, 07:58 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It was in the issue I just got yesterday. (&quot;North edition&quot Without it in front of me I don't know the exact issue, but it had articles about sodding and golf course construction. The article was a letter from the Publisher towards the back. Chuck...I'll try to remember to get a copy of the article off to you tomorrow.
Old 05-16-2000, 09:57 AM
Administrator

turfmagazine.com emaild me and said they would send me the issue. Thanks for bringing this to my attention Scaper.
Old 05-17-2000, 09:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

<br>My compliments to Jim Kendrick for an excellent, well written article. Good to see LawnSite finally getting its 'props'.<p>Hats off to Turf Magazine for having the courage to promote a medium other than itself. Shows forward, aggressive thinking.<p>Reluctance is understandable for a highly targeted print medium to align itself with web sites outside it's own 'internal' efforts. Web Sites offer the fastest growing growth opportunities servicing those same specialized markets.<p>L&L seems to be an industry leader in terms of web presence. In a way, they've laid down the gauntlet. But I wonder if there is another business model small publishers might pursue to make the industry stand up and take notice. Acquiring an equity position in small independent 'emerging' web sites like LawnSite, turfquip.com, others would open up cross promotional possibilities that dwarf the existing paradigm. <p>It would save cash, permitting expanded web presence without a concurrent increase in web presence &quot;budget&quot;. It also makes sense for the customer - both advertiser and viewer. Selling web impressions.... across a highly targeted NETWORK of affiliated sites...a million at a time would be commonplace.<p><p><p><font size="1">Edited by: turfquip dot com