Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-22-2005, 01:36 PM
LawnSite Member

What do you think?

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently working on a marketing piece for my company and wanted to get some of your comments. I'm currently looking at this as more of a branding piece of material rather than an advertising piece. But its a work in progress and I'll most likely incorporate the message into an advertising piece.

Anyway, I wanted something simple that drove home the message to potential prospects. Attached you'll see what I'm playing around with. Keep in mind my final photo selection, arrangement and text is still a work in progress, so it is not finalized.

I would appreciate it if you would take a look at it and give me some feedback on the aesthetics and how it appeals to you. Remember the formatting and layout I'm still working on.

Danny
Attached Files
File Type: doc Choose A or B.doc (134.0 KB, 128 views)
Danny Saldivar
Old 02-22-2005, 02:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Come on. No one with any responses?

This kind of brainstorming benefits all of us. I'm sharing an idea that may help you too.

Thanks again.
Danny
Danny Saldivar
Old 02-22-2005, 03:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsaldivar
Come on. No one with any responses?

This kind of brainstorming benefits all of us. I'm sharing an idea that may help you too.

Thanks again.
Danny
I think you may have something going...Obviously jazz it up A LOT, and add some color...It might work. Let us know what happens.

Trevor
Old 02-22-2005, 03:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Interesting concept.

It took me a bit to figure out exactly what you were trying to tell me. Maybe I am just dense but if the customer has the same problem then your ads will not be as effective as you would like them to be.

Hope you find something that works for you.

Soli Deo Gloria
Old 02-22-2005, 03:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Now we're brainstorming!

Thanks PtP,
Not dense. It probably needs to relay the message better. I'll try to see what I can do to make it more clearer.

Thanks Trev,
Yeah, needs to be jazzed up ALOT more. Thanks for the input and I'll definitely report back on how it works out.

I know the market I'm targeting probably already have this kind of service but need to get my name out there just in case something with their current provider.
Danny Saldivar
Old 02-22-2005, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Even something as simple as "What would you rather be doing?"

I like the concept though. Seems like a pretty good idea.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks landscaper,
If anyone uses this concept in their markets will you please update this site on the response. I will let you know from my market.
Danny Saldivar
Old 02-22-2005, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't really like the concept...It reminds me too much of a test...and the letter has no actual content. Wouldn't you be better showing a picture of a hammock and saying something like....

Its been calling you all winter, isn't time you show it some affection. Give us a call and we can give you the time you need to do the things that really matter.
“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victor nor defeat.”

-Theodore Roosevelt
Old 02-22-2005, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for your input drosgr.
You're right in that it doesn't have the language complete. (That is why I said it is a work in progress). But I feel it it drives a message to those prospects that are teetering with hiring an LCO. Also, if you look at todays commericals they try to use this type of conceptual message. It's called branding (not advertising anything). Just getting an idea and company name in the minds of people.

Thanks for the conversation.
Danny Saldivar
Old 02-22-2005, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello Danny,

I was also a little bit confused at first as to the point you were trying to convey.

I think you could get the same message across with fewer photos.
Perhaphs one showing a guy pushing around a mower sweating his butt off with extension cords strung around the yard, grass clippings on the sidewalk and tools laying all around the yard.
Then a second photo of the same guy lounging in a chair sipping on a cold drink looking over his nicely manicured lawn that was just cut by TAKE IT EASY property services.

You can make the same point with just two photos. The point you want to drive home is do it yourself and you could have a miserable weekend or have us do it for you and enjoy the weekend and your new found freedom.

I think you have a good idea so good luck with your advertising at keep us informed as to its effectiveness.