Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-21-2005, 11:21 AM
LawnSite Member

Aquacide!!!!!

I haven't been this excited about a product since I entered the business. I'm aware that thermal weed control techniques have been around for quite literally centuries, but a safe alternative to flaming and the use of gas burners is simply awesome. I am a big proponent of organic farming and lawn care techniques. As you probably already know, pesticide use has been outlawed in parts of Canada, and many restrictions are popping up all over the country in new legislation in an attempt to end or at least stifle the farm industry's and lawn care industry's long time love affair with pesticides/herbicides. I am very thankful that this product has become available, and I hope to see it as a widely accepted and used alternative to chemical applications. I hope that all of you share in my enthusiasm as we embark on a quest to rescue our industry from the grips of legislation and bad reputation. New innovations, whether from new concepts or old ones, excite me and show that we as an industry definately have what it takes to carry us into the future where things will hopefully be safer and greener!