Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-28-2005, 01:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Re-Formatted Website, check it out!

Made my annual changes, Changed header on everything except home page, added a few details, a few nice touches on the "Job Photos" page. I am happy with the results. Check it out..

http://www.kandslandscape.com
Old 02-28-2005, 03:23 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i think you did a really great job with the pictures and layout, but i'd question the use of a such a negative text (white text on black) for the content. out of curiousity, do you know the typical age of your customer? reading it can be a difficult proposition for much of what might be your target demographic.

- love the top banner and it's layout. very nice.

- very nice photos of your work. too many sites i see here use stock photography or "borrowed" pictures that are clearly not their actual work. i mean, c'mon... who has a photo of a palm tree-lined driveway in connecticut?

- like the mulch pics, but howabout a bit of description on them and the suggested applications so that you might do some front-end education on a prospective customer? the reason i thought of this was due to the two types of hemlock looking almost identical.

- again with the pics... i like the real-world work in your gallery and the roll-overs. i'd suggest having them open in a pop-window though so they don't have to leave the gallery, especially when you have no navigation for them.

- i like the actual thank you letters but again would suggest you have them load in a pop window.

- now that i've viewed it all, i'm not a fan of the home page menu. it doesn't fit the rest of the site and the internal menu banner is much better looking and more modern than the dated one on the home. why not work the other on to page 1? also, that banner could use a home link. the only one is found on the bottom of the pages. maybe drop the "contact us" link and integrate it into each page by showing a clickable email address under the phone number? i'm not a fan of the contact us links that launch the email clients. it's fine if it shows your address but i expect to go to a page instead of having my system have to do legwork that i may not want.

- besides the white text, i'd say the only thing i truly don't like is the mis-matched "lawn mowing service" animated gif. it doesn't go with the more modern look of the site and looks more like a distracting animated clip art throw-in from 1995.

nice work.

tony
Old 03-04-2005, 04:04 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Hi ksland,

I really like the work you did in your new header. You should submit your website into our best website challenge!
Old 03-04-2005, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Tony, thanks for the comments... When I first started the site the animated titles worked good... but as you said, now with all my changes it seems a little elementary now. I agree. You made a few other good suggestions as well, thanks for your time in looking over it.

Gopher, nah..not interested in a competition, just looking to have a general knowledge of creating websites for my own use. Now, a landscaping competition....I'm in.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Member

the Buttons

Looks good....one concern.....is it just me or do the buttons (links) after the main page seem kind of small? I can barely read the text for what each link is. Can you increase the size of that?
Old 03-04-2005, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Very nice website. I give you two thumbs up. I also question the black background, but if it works for you, then geat. Good job. Awesome banner!

CP

Last edited by pilotcoplawnboy; 03-04-2005 at 11:53 PM.