Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-02-2005, 11:14 AM
LawnSite Member

Vermeer Mini skid on Tracks

Not sure if any of you were at the ARA show, but if so what did you think of Vermeers new mini skidder on tracks? i thought it looked pretty decent. The controls looked great, I think my kid could even run the thing. They are suposed to be demoing one for me in a couple weeks so Ill get a first hand look at it. Just wondered what the rest of you thought.
Must of been pretty nice, I went to talk to the vermeeer guy a couple times and there were a couple guys from toro in there looking at it both times...lol.... I thought that was kinda funny.
any way... your thoughts??
CEG
Old 03-04-2005, 08:35 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Was not aware that Vermeer was putting one out on tracks.... Too bad our minds are probably made up for an SK from Ditch Witch.

Your mention of the Toro guys looking at it reminds me that the DW salesman was saying that the Boxer guys were very blatantly asking for everything on the SK at the show in Louisville last fall. They even wanted a build sheet....

Dan
Old 03-04-2005, 11:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compact Equipment Guy
Not sure if any of you were at the ARA show, but if so what did you think of Vermeers new mini skidder on tracks? i thought it looked pretty decent. The controls looked great, I think my kid could even run the thing. They are suposed to be demoing one for me in a couple weeks so Ill get a first hand look at it. Just wondered what the rest of you thought.
Must of been pretty nice, I went to talk to the vermeeer guy a couple times and there were a couple guys from toro in there looking at it both times...lol.... I thought that was kinda funny.
any way... your thoughts??
CEG
I take it you didn't get a chance to get some pictures of the unit?
Old 03-04-2005, 04:02 PM
LawnSite Member

no, i didnt get any pictures, but my local dealer is going to bring one out to demo.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:03 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Felix
Was not aware that Vermeer was putting one out on tracks.... Too bad our minds are probably made up for an SK from Ditch Witch.

Your mention of the Toro guys looking at it reminds me that the DW salesman was saying that the Boxer guys were very blatantly asking for everything on the SK at the show in Louisville last fall. They even wanted a build sheet....

Dan

so you getting the SK?? pretty sweet machine.
bobcat T200
way too much other crap
Old 05-19-2005, 02:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

yard pro
how the dingo tx 425 work out for u
Old 05-20-2005, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

i would rather give up a testicle than my dingo................

i cannot be more pleased with my dingo....
the sod layer, grader and forks are the best... the 4 in 0ne bucket is ok, but not as useful as i thought.. the oversized mulch bucket is a must.....
bobcat T200
way too much other crap
Old 05-20-2005, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I feel about the same as Yardpro when it comes to my TX420 Dingo. The forks, Auger head and bits, soil conditioner and the large material bucket are great.

I only mow on Mondays and Tuesdays but every other day I have the Dingo on my trailer with me. I bought it back in the begining of March and have over 100 hours on it now.

A word of caution for you guys operating a mini skid with the bigger auger bits. I was working with my 30" bit on a hill side and did not relized that the front left track was getting ready to drive onto wood chips that were chipped last fall and now had a little bit of dirt on them covering them up. Well when the front of the track hit that area and the left side of the machine was facing down the hill it went for a quick ride sidways onto its left side, it started smoking and dieseling on for about a minute huffing a ton of white smoke off the engine area. I thought the damn thing was on fire by this time and I was looking for some loose dirt to start throwing onto the engine area since my truck was about 400' away and all up hill. The engine finally stopped running even after the switch was turn off now for a minute. I un hooked and pryed off the auger attachment, backed my truck down the hill and hooked up the yank strap. Up it came with no problem other than a very bruised ego, I fired it up and let it idle for about 15 minutes before the smoke stopped coming out from the exhaust pipe. It was working fine but just pretty dirty from all of the dust clinging onto the oil and hydrolic fluid that came out of the overflow tube.

So I am here to say that the Dingos are one bad azz little machine and that I am VERY happy that I decided to purchase it.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:01 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

glad i am not alone with my sentiments.

i would have to say the most profitable thing so far has been my sod roll layer.
i just switched suppliers and am now getting 30" wide rolls. i can carry a 20 yard roll with no problems. grabbing the roll, rolling it out and goint to get the next roll takes about a minute.
that's $30.00/minute that we're generating. pretty darn good..............
bobcat T200
way too much other crap
Old 05-22-2005, 11:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yard pro , still waiting patiently for a pic and supplier name of the sod roll layer ?