Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-05-2005, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Tracks for the Toro Dingo 200 and 300 Series.

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with either the steel or rubber tracks made for the Dingo 220, 222 or 322.

Do you use them. If so, how does it affect the performance and rutting of the machine. How about making the machine tip easier going over obstacles?

I have a 220 and Toro doesnt recommend the rubber tracks for it. Do any of you know why the steel are fine but not the rubber?? I suspect it is just a marketing plow to get people to buy the more expensive 222.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:47 PM
LawnSite Member

I have the steel tracks for the 222. Toro did not recommend the rubber tracks, dunno why. I foam filled the tires before installing the steel tracks(see vibratory plow or trencher post). To me the steel tracks are great, I no longer get stuck and with the tire mods and wider tracking area, it is more stable. The downside is, it is not a smooth ride and expect a lot of surface damage.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the response. I saw in another thread that you pull pipe with your Dingo. I install irrigation systems in Oklahoma. I trench, but would run the market if I could pull pipe I think.

I am kind of dissapointed in my Dingo 220. I just feel like the wheels are so limiting. They rut, peel out, and easily get stuck. There are alot of wet days here, and alot of soggy clay lawns. If I could do it over, I would get a tracked machine. The steel tracks look pretty neat, but for most of what I do, I think they would damage the existing lawn.

How much did the steel tracks cost? My dealer here rents them, but I havent priced them. Do you feel like your Dingo handles the same? Can you go over the same kind of obstacles now?

Do you do alot of sprinklers with your dingo?

There is a new DW SK coming out, when it is released I will take a serious look at it. It has the tracks, but also comes with the ride on platform.

It will be in the same class as the TX420. Should be pretty neat.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Member

I was disappointed with my dingo because i would spin tires and get stuck in soft dirt, it was only good on hard pavement. If I were to purchase another mini I would only purchase one with tracks. I got fedup of flat tires and changing tire pressure for different terrain. I think I paid over 1.5K for the tracks, not sure, but their expensive. Now nothing stops me and I mean NOTHING! Its like a tank.
PS, I have not tried mud yet
Old 03-07-2005, 07:46 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

hey mickey.

got my adapter plate the other week.
works like a champ. used a bobcat trencher all weekend.

venture

the new sk is a 350. which will mean it will have a 350lb operating weight. the 420 is a 500lb OW.
i think they are just beefing up the sk300.

our 425 will go anywhere, and does it with NO turf damage. no ruts, nothing.

there is another company here that bought the wheeled dingo becuase it cost less than the tracked models, but then had to go and buy those lime green tracks ( i assume they are rubber). he never takes them off. the only drawback i could see is that it would rob some power from the drive system.
bobcat T200
way too much other crap
Old 03-07-2005, 03:04 PM
LawnSite Member

YardPro, are you able to use all Bobcat equipment, full skid steer and mini skids?
Old 03-09-2005, 07:31 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

yep
the trencher i used was for the full sized.

when i demo'd the mt 52,
i tried to see if it's plate would fit the large attahments, and it did.
bobcat T200
way too much other crap
Old 03-11-2005, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YardPro

there is another company here that bought the wheeled dingo becuase it cost less than the tracked models, but then had to go and buy those lime green tracks ( i assume they are rubber). he never takes them off. the only drawback i could see is that it would rob some power from the drive system.
Wow, lime green tracks? I have never seen those. I would really like to find out who makes them. Toro's over the wheel tracks are priced outrageously. I have searched on the internet for tracks but havent had any luck. If you ever get a chance to see who the manufacturer is, please let me know.

I think you are pretty much right about the SK350. DW finally posted the specs on their website. Spec wise, it looks more competitive with the my Dingo, but you get tracks. The should have designed a better tip capacity considering it is a heavier machine than the TX425.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm looking at purchasing a set of over the tire rubber tracks for my Dingo 322. Does anyone have any experience with them? I would appreciate any input.

Thanks
Old 03-09-2011, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Member

To set up tracks over wheels on a wheeled Dingo is pretty expensive. Toro used to sell a kit but they stopped selling the kit about a year ago. You can still but all the different parts from Toro to make a complete kit but its $$$. I have three used Dingo tracks for it but you would still have to buy a whole lot more stuff to make it work.