Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-07-2005, 04:40 AM
LawnSite Member

Husqvarna??????

I'm looking to get with a company that puts out all the equipment that I need for maintenance so if I can get your input on husqvarna equipment. What type of experience do or did you have with husqvarna equipment. Is the equipment worth getting??
Old 03-07-2005, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

i have only owned a hus. chainsaw, it worked well. However i did find that my Stihl has more cutting power and always starts on the second pull.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:43 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Can't go wrong with a Husky!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure about the ZTR's because I have never used one.

fluid film- the official sponser of sflqpru
Old 03-07-2005, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Member

It's not a good idea to go with one company for everything in my opinion as each company does certain things better than others...that being said...

Husky has everything from great chain saws to average trimmers and blowers...their mowers are rebadged FD Kees mowers at a higher price..parts availability has been an issue as well...

Husky's parent company Electrolux is in the process of selling the whole lawn and garden division (including Husky) so who knows how that will come out in the long run....no huge parent company to back them up...

Pick a strong local dealer and look at the lines he carries....ExMark, Scag, Great Dane, RedMax, Echo come to mind as strong commercial grade equipment...I have used all of these over time and have been very happy..

One last thing...the Husky dealers in my area are terrible as they do not understand the commercial market at all...

If you just have to have one source for everything for some reason or another...try John Deere!!

Good luck!
Old 03-07-2005, 05:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

If your looking for a total source retailer then John Deere is the only way to go IMO.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I've owned several Husky Trimmers and 1 52" ZTR. I don't think you'll find a lighter, more powerful trimmer on the market. The ZTR, on the other hand was just so so. I was fortunate enough to have a decent dealer that always took care of me when I had problems. Had the machine for about 1.5 years and in that time put almost 900 hrs on it. Replaced 4 right side spindle bearings (non greasable type) and the parking brake assembly was always messed up because of downright poor design. I think there's trouble in the corporate structure of Huskvarna because if you talk to almost any of their dealers they'll say that they're pissed off at the company. That's not good. I think you'd be OK with some of their handheld equipment but I'd steer clear of any Walk behinds of ZTR's and go with Hustler or Exmark.
http://www.klawns.com
Old 03-07-2005, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Great 2-stroke stuff, super reliable with decent power. My main thing is reliability. Trimmers have best line taps in the industry IMO. Dealer support is not very good in my area though You will NEVER see me with another Stihl product again after this piece of junk edger