Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-09-2005, 01:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Inspected By GDA (again)

I'm on a job today at about 10:00 my cell rings, It's my wife. It seems there is a Field Agent from Georgia Department of Agriculture wants to inspect my facility. First I thought it was about my PCL (Pesticide Contractors License) but they want to see the plants that I install/sell. After a few minutes my wife convinces them I don't have any "for sell" plants at the location. It seems they wanted to inspect for compliance with reguard to my Live Plant License. (If you install 1 plant you must have one) Luckly everything was deemed in compliance. No plants from out of state, no plants with fire ant infestion, a list of 12 things was checked.

I was also inspected by GDA about 6 months ago for my PCL compliance. Which we passed.

Word of warning.......Make sure your license are up to date and you are in compliance. It looks like "the heat is comeing down" in GA

Allen
Old 03-09-2005, 02:20 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Allen, Does your DOH do periodic "diesel checks" as well? About 3-4 time a year, they set up a roadblock, and stop everyone coming thru driving a diesel or carrying diesel fuel on board. They are looking for fuel quality, to make sure people aren't using off road diesel on the highways. The fines are very stiff . Our DOA also makes periodic checks thru particular areas of the state, and they make compliance checks mainly on the large retailer / wholesalers in the area. I'm waiting to see the EPA start cracking down on poor site evaluations and BMP's at construction sites here. It's only a matter of time.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by impactlandscaping
Allen, Does your DOH do periodic "diesel checks" as well? About 3-4 time a year, they set up a roadblock, and stop everyone coming thru driving a diesel or carrying diesel fuel on board. They are looking for fuel quality, to make sure people aren't using off road diesel on the highways. The fines are very stiff . Our DOA also makes periodic checks thru particular areas of the state, and they make compliance checks mainly on the large retailer / wholesalers in the area. I'm waiting to see the EPA start cracking down on poor site evaluations and BMP's at construction sites here. It's only a matter of time.
I have heard it is $10,000 stiff - no questions asked.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:31 PM
LawnSite Member

I've never been through a diesel check.................yet. But about 3 months agp DOT called to verify data on my DOT number application. It's getting to where we have to be a lawyer to cut grass.

Allen
Old 03-09-2005, 02:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by impactlandscaping
We have them all the time here...and roving units of a department of the State Police to give ya the once over.