Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-10-2005, 10:45 AM
LawnSite Member

Website Hits

I was just wondering how many hits do you guys actaully get on your sites. Do you actaully get your customers and potential customers to visits and take a look at your sites. Im wondercause because just want to know if its worth to take the time right now for this season to make me up a website or not.

THanks
Old 03-10-2005, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Member

I am getting tons...It has been over 5000 hits a month since September...

How and why I dont really know...I have not been seriously marketing my site until January of this year, though i have had it since the January before.

Now, it is worth mentioning too that those are "hits" not visits. My unique visits is somewhere around 500 a month.(averaging 16 a day) But that is still really good from what i know.

I have generated over 15 jobs (mostly one timers around the $500.00 mark since January 15 of this year from the site....So its paid for itself ten fold for sure.

But if you look at the return ratio, its no better than flyers usually are. Lets say i average 500 different people to the site each month, I have only had 15 actually call me up and get some work done in the last two and a half months. Thats just over one percent.

If you can do it yourself or in house, its really very cheap.

I would say its worth your time/money to get a site going for your company.

-Reuben
Old 03-10-2005, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brbsta
Do you actaully get your customers and potential customers to visits and take a look at your sites. Im wondercause because just want to know if its worth to take the time right now for this season to make me up a website or not.
it's probably not worth it for this season, unless you have a print campaign that's going to be rolling out with a web address on it.

as a beginner, or even a web pro given the time until the season starts, would probably not be able to get their site running so that someone who's never heard of your business will find you through search engines. you could capture them witha pay per click (ppc) campaign, such as google's adwords, or yahoo's overture, but that's another layer of budget and learning curve to deal with.

my suggestion would be to start planning in your off hours, visiting sites that you like, figure out what you want on it, and then start it in the fall, unless you have alot of free time in-season.

tony
Old 03-10-2005, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

A web site can show how "high tech" your company is,Give info on company and services(I just say go to web site alot ) And also generate sales .
http://www.PlanetLandscaping.net "Helping keep Earth Green" We use Ford F550 powerstrokes ,Mistubishi cabovers,Kubota Tractors and Excavators, Scag turf tigers,Exmark Lazers,Wright Standers, Shindiawa, Redmax , Finn Hydroseeder's and a bunch of other goodies. International Assoiciation of Hydroseeding Professionals, President: .
Old 03-13-2005, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We have got lots of jobs in the range from $300.00-$3100.00 just off the website..(some one time jobs, some recurring)
I think its worth it...(one job a year more then pays the cost for us for that year)
Its also a great way to show past work, and lots of info to possible new customers.

Good Luck
Old 03-13-2005, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Member

good tool

jan 2005 5000 + Hits
Feb. 2005 10000 + hits
MARCH 2005 7500 + Hits and still counting.

Avg. unique visitor is 95 / month

I started my web site in Jan. 2005. I have got alot of work off of it. Many people are talking about my business around town. I think the website is a good idea. You can find a host with a quality background (www.ipower.com - I think is the place we have our site hosted with). All you have to do is fill in the words. Filling in the words is quite a bit of work and will take many hours - but if you have the time to do it - go for it.

We offer somewhat of a unique service in Saskatchewan - being 100% Chem-free - so having a website generates leads from other cities in Sask. And the prairies for that matter.

TTFN

Equipment:
AQUACIDE Environmental Weed Control System
Blue Bird Aerator
Blue Bird Lawn Comber :blob3:
Old 03-13-2005, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverLasting
jan 2005 5000 + Hits
Feb. 2005 10000 + hits

i'm glad you added the "unique visitors". i wish the term "hits" could be removed from the web marketing lexicon.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Member

I guess Ill get into photoshop and start designing. I put my web address on my door hangers so I should get something there. In the winter I do web design so im, well, pretty good at it i like to think, and can usually get a good site out within a week. Also got a dedicated server with basically nothin on it right now. Well time to get in ps.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverLasting
jan 2005 5000 + Hits
Feb. 2005 10000 + hits

I started my web site in Jan. 2005. I have got alot of work off of it. Many people are talking about my business around town. I think the website is a good idea. You can find a host with a quality background (www.ipower.com - I think is the place we have our site hosted with). All you have to do is fill in the words. Filling in the words is quite a bit of work and will take many hours - but if you have the time to do it - go for it.

We offer somewhat of a unique service in Saskatchewan - being 100% Chem-free - so having a website generates leads from other cities in Sask. And the prairies for that matter.

TTFN
What do you mean "fill in the words"?
Old 03-15-2005, 12:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

actual hits at the NCLS site is around 230k a month and unique visitors average 100 or so a day