Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-14-2005, 12:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Lawn care Website

To get all of us together with ideas to attract more customers as spring is around the corner. What have you guys done to atract more potential clients to your lawn or landscape website. Or what has worked best for you.

We have done the basics with it on all literature/trucks/trailers/ads

Thanks Jason

Last edited by LawnsRUsInc.; 03-14-2005 at 12:16 AM.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:37 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

i put an ad in a local magazine stating 'check out our new website and portfolio'. It worked pretty well so far. I plan on doin more advertising in the local paper in a few weeks. you have to give them a reason to visit your site time and time again.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Jason, how's it going? Spring is almost here man.

Anyways, how long have you had a website and do you feel it has helped? I'm contemplating having one done this winter, just not sure how helpful it would be to have one.

Randy
Old 03-14-2005, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine sucks but it costs 80 bucks. www.thinairlawncare.com

The only reason I made it was so I could get cc payments.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hi Randy,

Yea the site has worked out but only when i had it listed through the YP online. We would get at least one call a week now from it but more previously. Not so many emails as i would of liked but on my new website i have a form that they can fill out which might be alot easier than the old way. I own lawns r us inc which was my first site but have now bought out lawns r us , which might be easier to remember? I was thinking of paying to get listed on the headers on google,yahoo etc... when someone searches for our certain services in our area. I think that people that do business with your company might think differently about your company with things like sites online pay etc.. that you are maybe a leader in the landscape industry or are more professional. I have been able to tell the YP that it is cheaper and better to have a website than be in the Paper YP and they have dropped the cost more and more. I think that they feel the same that more and more people search online. For my hosting of my website it costs me $50 a year for both websites as my uncle is my host for my websites he has his own server at his home and hosts 1000's of sites if anyone is interested let me know. info@lawnsrus.com

Jason
Old 03-14-2005, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

lawncare 3 your site is down it wont load

Jason
Old 03-14-2005, 02:15 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

1st off, as you are discovering, just building a site doesn't bring visitors. the site needs to be built with search engines in mind, as well as the prospective customer. a website for people to find based upon a printed link in your ads, flyers etc is just a link to an online brochure. a link that someone finds by simply typing in "my city AND mowing" is a completely different and more powerful marketing tool. anyone can do the first, the second takes work.

why do you have 2 different websites? 1 clearly looks better than the other (lawnrusinc), and you can add lawnsrus.com to that site, or vise versa through a redirect, or more advisably, through a domain park.

as for customers finding you through your yellow page links, you really should optimize your site for search engines to find. this would reduce your reliance upon yahoo/google advertising progams, and the smartpages, while allowing people who have never heard of you to find you.

also, your use of frames and redirects that your site original site has is hindering search engines from indexing your content and should be changed.

tony
Old 03-14-2005, 02:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Tony thanks which site do you like better i know i really need to improve many things. But what do you mean by frames?

Jason
Old 03-14-2005, 02:59 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

your lawnsrusinc.com, appearance-wise is infinitely better looking than lawnsrus.com. the problem is the underlying code for that one is inferior to lawnsrus.com.

your inc.com site looks like it's actually a sub-domain hosted by smartpages, and your page content loads into a frame that pulls in your website as the content. it's probably not an issue if you switch hosts.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Tony,
So would you recommend that i pay somone to give it a face lift. See lawnsrusinc.com was built for a fee and lawnsrus.com was built for free. Smartpages has been hosting lawnsrusinc.com for free for the past 6 months i cancelled and they have not pulled the plug so iam just laying back to buy it from them for $40. I guess i felt that the sites were up to par compared to the competition but i guess my eyes have been closed. I dont know how to make changes to these sites so i have to rely on others.

Jason