Register free!

Old 03-14-2005, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
What's shaking? Getting ready to kick off the big season? I'm definitely ready for spring.
Ready for spring here to, had to put some gas in the L.P. tank couple of weeks ago...ooouch!! On a good note gonna start doing some actual physical labor end of this week and carry through the next week. Also got to meet with couple I gave estimate for some grading, seeding and plant bed installs, Wed. morning, while there I plan to have a cup of coffee with the Economic Development Chairman of that town. Looking at dump trailer in the A.M. Tuesday. In general lots of busy work going on, but I want to be nailed down ready when the ol' feces begins to hit the rotary occilator

How about you? Going full time this year? How is your wife and little helper? Is he ready? Chloe has been drawing pictures to hang up in the new shop, must have about a thousand of them by now.

-Geoff
Old 03-15-2005, 05:35 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hres one, 20 3/4" inside spread, tine arent real thick but still a pretty deer. GF loves it on the wall
Attached Images

Old 03-15-2005, 08:43 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

[QUOTE=geogunn]I used to be a pretty avid small game/varmint hunter in the farm country in MIDDLE TENNESSEE.

my speciality was the long range groundhog shot with a bench rest rifle with a bull barrel and a high power scope.

I now make those shots with military style weapons with iron sights.

I go with a few buddies out to a farm and go Groundhog hunting,great way to fine tune your skills and making sure scope is dialed in
Old 03-15-2005, 11:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green-Pro
How about you? Going full time this year? How is your wife and little helper? Is he ready? Chloe has been drawing pictures to hang up in the new shop, must have about a thousand of them by now.

-Geoff
I'm going to hold off on the full time thing for this year. I'm in the process of getting my real estate license right now, passed my National & State tests, just need to finish one more course and I'll be licensed. I want to get a real estate client base built up so I will focus on doing that this year. I'll probably add a couple lawn accounts, but want to focus on getting the real estate thing rolling. Then in 2006 I'll concentrate more on the LCO business and see what level I can bring it to. Both should work "hand-in-hand" with each other as both require good networking. We'll see I guess. The family's good, my 3 year old has been plowing with me alot this year, my 1 year wants to be outside with me all the time...it's like a circus around here. Only time I can actually get anything done outside or in the shop is after everyone goes to bed. Good luck on that dump trailer, that will be a great addition to the business.

Buck
Old 03-16-2005, 12:46 AM
LawnSite Member

thanks

thanks for all the answers, hope you all have a great 2005 mowing season and have an even better hunting season I dont know about you all but
I go into fall looking forward to hunting, go into winter looking forward to ice fishing and waterfowl moving down, go into spring looking forward to mowing, and go into summer looking forward to the landscaping! Its always something!