Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-12-2000, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Member

I have heard a lot about them but where do you get them? I live in Southwest VA.
Old 05-12-2000, 04:44 PM
LawnSite Member

&lt;b&gt;Advertising is not allowed. Do it again and you will be banned MowerParts&lt;/b&gt;<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: administrator
Old 05-12-2000, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I need a new set of gator blades also.<p>please help!<p>GEO
Old 05-12-2000, 10:24 PM
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I buy mine at Lesco. I still don't think the higher lift Gators are out. I don't know why they advertise them if you can't get them.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>
Old 05-13-2000, 01:26 AM
LawnSite Member

please don't ban mower parts unless he/she has violated some sort of code.. I only wanted to know where to find these <br>Gator Blades. <p>Living in a low populated area of VA I thought that they would be hard to find. I only wanted to see what they were like from a user's view point...;p
Old 05-13-2000, 02:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Try Laserbean 1-800-824-8521 i ordered a set for them Friday $6.70 a blade
Old 05-14-2000, 02:34 AM
LawnSite Member

I just got what I believe is one of the new sets of gator blades. I'm not sure because the numbers don't match a web site I was looking at. I have a older man whom I order from and if he thought they didn't work and he couldn't talk you out of them He might order something else. The guy really cares about his commercial cutters so I'm not complaining. I am running them on a 60 inch deck gravely promaster 200. Grass is growing fast here. We have had huge rains lately. They had 15 inches in on night in Franklin county MO.( Caused much flash flooding) I am about 30 miles east of there in St.Louis County. I have been double cutting and still the clippings haven't looked the best. I put the gators (normal or magnum?) on and I still had to double cut, but the lawns looked great, they looked bagged. <br>I saw the magnums on mowbetter or mowmore .com<p>I think the admin had a problem with the previous posting because if you are recommending your own site( in ernest or not) your opinion cannot be unbiased. Also they are selling banner ads to run this site. And if you allow people to advirtise for free how can you charge others. I doubt mowerparts meant any harm, but if they don't keep their ad people happy we can't have the site serve many of us daily.<br>thanks,<br>Steve
Old 05-14-2000, 07:30 AM
LawnSite Member

The part # for the Gator Magnum is different than the old Gator Blade. The main difference is the thickness, which is .250 thick (1/4Ē) and a higher lift. When you go to buy the new Magnums make sure that is what you are getting. The best way to make sure is to get catalog from the re-seller, distributor or the manufacture. Silver Streak is the one that makes the Gator and the Magnum blades. When ordering the catalog ask for the Professional Service Parts catalog. <p>Note: this is not an advertisement, just a little note about myself! I am also in the cutting business, have been since 1990. I run a Dixie Chopper 60Ē cut, its 7 years old and still going strong (mainly to good maintenance program). Have a 9-year-old 40Ē Gravely walk behind a Toro 2-stroke trim mower and various other equipment. As you can see I am not a big company, I am a little guy just like the majority of the Lawn Care Industry. <br>I belong to and I am a board member of the Professional Landscape Services Association<br>(PLSA). <br>I apologize for advertising, however when someone ask about a product there should be no problem with giving them an answer. How else are they going to find out? <br>I do my own web pages; spend many hours in doing so. I also work a full time job on top of doing lawn maintenance. I work about 70 Hours a week.<br> Any way Iím a little guy trying to help out the little guy anyway that I can. I too was tired of paying the high prices of replacement parts. Thatís why I started the other business.<p>Thanks,<br>Rick Santo<br>Jacksonville, Fl.<p><br>----------<br>http://www.mowerparts.net<p><p><font size="1">Edited by: mowerparts
Old 05-14-2000, 07:38 PM
LawnSite Member

rick,drop me an email at dls7133@excite.com.i`ll be in jax soon.(tomorrow)dave