Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-20-2005, 05:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quick Question??

I am thinking about buying the Lesco Truckster spreader to attach to my walk behind but I got to thinking. What powers the motor on the spreader? My walkbehind does not have electric start so I have no battery. Am I out of luck or what?
Old 03-20-2005, 09:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody have a response?
Old 03-20-2005, 11:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull
I am thinking about buying the Lesco Truckster spreader to attach to my walk behind but I got to thinking. What powers the motor on the spreader? My walkbehind does not have electric start so I have no battery. Am I out of luck or what?

Bull

Below is a Picture of the famous Stone-A-Green. Professor Stone bills himself as both the "Great One" and the "Frugal Agronomist". Professor Stone is the designer Builder of this fine piece of equipment. It might be also noted that he designed and build units like this long before the present popularity of the PG and Z sprayer.

As a "Frugal Agronomist" the Great One is Quick to point out the down falls of corrosion on expensive new equipment. He is also Quick to point out the advantage of constant speed control of gear drives over Hydros. Calibration can Quickly be changed by simply Shifting Gears.

Sorry I can't answer you question about Electronics. I am not sure all pull starts have rectifiers to charge batteries. However some do. You might ask at your local mower dealer where you purchased it.

BTW there more than likely will be some negative posts about both the Stone-A-Green and Professor Stone. Pay no attention to those jealous fools.
Attached Images

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

you will need a battery to run that spreader.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Don't laugh it works better than the High priced models

For some reason a link to this thread was E mailed to me by Moose river saying there was a recent post. When I followed the Link there were not any posts since 2005.

So I am bumping this to the top just to show what a little ingenuity and some old equipment can do. The Frugal Argonomist was raised on a Truck farm where they used everything to making a living the hard way. Also the Stone-A-Green was made long before the Perma-A-Green was popular. BTW the can sprayer rack is used to spot spray weeds on the fly while spreading.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.