01-04 Dakotas!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by GSO LAWNEN4CER, Jan 5, 2013.

1. GSO LAWNEN4CER

GSO LAWNEN4CER LawnSite Member
    from GSO NC

Whats say you guys about 01-04 dakotas? 4.7-5.9's. They seem to be priced pretty high of the years I mentioned. I found one that was super clean.Turns out, it was in a wreak out west. They wanted 9,600 for a 01 quad cab with 83k on the clock.

2. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 03 bought it with 100k on it fully loaded for 9800. I love it but gets the same mpgs as a half ton.

3. CFLS22

CFLS22 LawnSite Member

Ya what dstifel said I had an 01 4.7L 4x4 and my 1500 5.7L gets 1/2mile mpg better than the Dakota did. Mine did pretty good pulling 14' trailer but it sure pulls alot nicer behind the 1500

4. dstifel

Open or enclosed want a enclosed but might go with a diff truck first hate rolling in the 3500 long box everyday
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. greenstar lawn

greenstar lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I had 01 Dakota with the 4.7. I bought it with 20k on it and I sold it with 180k. It towed an enclosed around for the 6 years I had it. Only thing major I had to do was the rear end. I wish I never sold it
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. CFLS22

CFLS22 LawnSite Member

Open trailer not much weight about 1500-2000lbs

7. dstifel

Yea I know they have same tranny as what they put behind the hemi. How do I tell if I have a tranny cooler on it?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. CFLS22

CFLS22 LawnSite Member

I'm not really sure but I do know that my tranny cooler is bolted on right in front of my radiator so could check there its on like the bottom left corner on mine

9. dstifel

Ok thanks i will check it out.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. dstifel

Ok looked today had radiator then what looked to be a miniature radiator bolted in front of that. Should of taken a picture sorry but i would assume its for my tranny?