01-04 Dakotas!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by GSO LAWNEN4CER, Jan 5, 2013.

1. CFLS22

CFLS22 LawnSite Member

Ya it looks like miniature one. I'm pretty sure I have 2 small ones not remembering what other one was for possibly power steering? But I do know that my tranny one is bottom left like I said and if that's where yours is I would imagine they would keep it the same on Dakota. Could be wrong

2. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

It runs the full length of the radiator
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Mrkomedy

Mrkomedy LawnSite Member

I have heard to stay away from the 4.7 engine ck out some sources online most will tell you they have a sludge problem the ones I cked out at 100k they had to replace the engine .

4. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

I've had one with 201k and current is on 130k not worried about that
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. LewisLawn

LewisLawn LawnSite Senior Member

dont know if it will help you much but i have an 05 with tranny cooler and the 4.7l and i pull 6,5x12 open landscape trailer closing in on 100,000 miles I also have a ram 1500 5.2l it has 135,000 i'd rather tow with the dakota because of manueverability gas mileage is about equal. my dad also owns an 02 dakota with the v6 motor and he tows one of my trailers during leaf season not sure the mileage he gets but does not have power to pull the trailer when its only loaded with leaves and a blower. they no longer make the dakota but will bring it back in a year or two but it will be on the same line as the honda ridgeline so my next vehicle will def be a full size truck