01 model Z

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by munigolfer, Dec 22, 2004.

1. munigolfer

munigolfer LawnSite Member
    from De

Was wondering if anyone can give me info on the differences between an 2001 model 60z and todays late model? Am considering purchasing a relatively unused 2001 with low hours and am trying to assess any negatives/differences. The product also comes with a backvac so any help there would also be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance for your info/help.
    Mike

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Does your unit have a cannister style air filter? and does it have a separate choke? those are a couple of the changes we made around that time.
    Get me a model and serial # and I can check into exactly what this unit has and doesnt have.
    E-mail me @ the address below.

Pj

3. munigolfer

munigolfer LawnSite Member
    from De

Hello Sean,
    First, thanks for the reply. The model # and info is as follows:

model 926253 serial 01092192
    The owner say's its an 01 Z model with 98 hrs. The only other question you may be able to help me with is it comes with a bacvac which I probably would not need. Can the mower be retrofit back to not use this and do you think there's a market for this bacvac system (will it work with current models)? The seller sent me a photo (unfortunately not digital) and the one obvious difference relative to current models is it has some sort of weight with a u shaped handle over the front wheels???

Thanks again, I appreciate your help. I will be mowing with a Hustler this spring, just don't know which one at this point. I am a marketing guy and think your forum is a great way to support this brand.

Mike

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

If you have no use for the Bac-Vac, you can remove it and its mounting brackets.
    You can reinstall the stock rear bumper if you were supplied with it, if not they can be bought at any dealer (even custom lettered ones can be ordered).
    I don't think you would have a problem selling a used Bac-Vac, post it here I am sure someone will buy it.
    The U shaped weights are part of the bagging system and you will need to sell those with it.
    Hope this helps.

Pj