02 exmark 26 EFI problem

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Detailed LawnService, Apr 17, 2004.

1. Detailed LawnService

Detailed LawnService Member
    from Midwest

I have done extensive searches on this subject and found that my problem has they exact same similarites as many other 26 EFI owners.Runs great most of the time but has a hesitation when not under a load then when under a load sputters like its starving for fuel never can recover.I have fouled more plugs than you can shake stick at. My dealer just takes it in lets it run for hours to duplicate cenerio never seem to fix problem.So far they have changed muffler (cracked) new O2 sensor (waited two weeks) this was last fall now its doing it again and my dealer just acts like they have no clue what to do. Personally i think they are trying to run out my warranty. Now that i know there is a serious problem with this engine from my searches i definately feel i am getting the run around from my dealer.Because it is either diagnose the heck out of it for hours or replace numerous parts to solve problem. I am loyal to exmark (entie fleet) and thought i was buying the best mower available (which it is when its running) but this is starting to cost me major money in lost revenue and major frustrations beyond belief.Either exmark or kohler needs to step up to the plate and help me through this with my dealer.Either fix problem right, replace motor, or replace unit because when you spend $9,000 on a Lawn mower and it sits at dealer for days on end somthing has to be done.Lets put it this way, the mower that comes off the back of trailor first right now is ORANGEORANGE (loaner).

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Detail,

Send me a pm to terry.eckert@exmark.com with the name of your dealer, the tech your working with and the serial number of your machine and I'll see what we can do to help.

Thanks,

Terry

3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Hey Mark, one thing I forgot to ask you when we were talking on the phone last night, have you scanned for codes? If you are not sure how to do it, shoot me an email at horsepowerinc@yahoo.com Curious to see if yours is showing the same code mine was getting.

Keith

4. eXmark

Detail,

I got your pm. The big dawgs at Kohler will be contacting your dealer directly. They actually contacted me before I got your pm wanting to know who they needed to work with to get this resolved. Pretty cool huh!

They're good guys up there. I'm sure they can get this resolved. Give'm a chance and I think you'll be impressed.

Thanks

Terry

5. Detailed LawnService

Detailed LawnService Member
    from Midwest

This does make me happy, but i'm not going to hold my breath.
    But, I will say to have Exmark and Kohler go to bat for me to help my dealer solve this problem is awesome this is how tough issues get solved through team work and communication.
    I would like to also thank Keith from Florida for his insight and willingness to share his similar exsperience with me to help solve this long drawn out problem. That is what makes this site such a great asset to my business.
    And of course thanks to Terry from Exmark for getting the ball rolling hopefully this will be resolved soon. I will update soon!

Mark,
    Detailed Lawn Service LLC.

6. eXmark

Mark,

Now that we have Kohler involved I'm sure they can get this resolved. Often engine related issues take a couple of times up to the plate to get them resolved but these guys are pretty good at what they do.

Thanks,

Terry

7. eXmark

Mark,

I just recieved an e-mail from one of the Kohler techs. Per his e-mail your up and running?

Terry

8. jaywpowers9

jaywpowers9 Guest

26efi problem. i am a dealer in oklahoma and we have had wonderful results from the efi units. i use one personally. it sure sounds like you have a problem. the efi unit is designed to go to full rich when anything hapens. do you see a lot of black (fuel) smoke, and that would foul plugs. i would talk to exmark tec. direct. i promise you they will solve your problem. 1-402-223-6300.