02 walker 26 EFI want stay running

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by jeremy's lc, Jun 1, 2008.

1. jeremy's lc

jeremy's lc LawnSite Member

I'am having a problem with my 2002 walkermower it's a 26 EFI. It has gas in the tank, I can hear the fuel pump cycle on start up. It starts and then it dies. Also there are three in line fuse in the wiring harnest which are all good.

Jeremy

2. VegetiveSteam

VegetiveSteam LawnSite Senior Member

Check or have someone check the fuel pressure. Attach the fuel pressure gauge and turn the key on. The pressure should be roughly 40psi. If it's low it's either a bad fuel pump or a blocked pick up in the tank.

3. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

If it starts up and then dies as soons as you let off the switch or vary soon after it sounds like the time delay for the switch or the seat switch. Check the ground wire on the seat switch time delay. The older units had the ground wire grounded at the delay unit but the new ones had it ran into the wiring harness because of a ground problem. Also check the time delay relay mounted under the time delay unit. These relays do good bad.

4. jeremy's lc

jeremy's lc LawnSite Member

Thanks guys for your input. The fuel regulator was full of debris and the fuel line was clogged. Cleaned all and running fine now.

thanks,

Jeremy