1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

03 Chevy 2500 Hours

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by sparcolawn, Aug 16, 2011.

1. sparcolawn

sparcolawn LawnSite Member
    from IN

I'm not sure how many is a lot for a 3/4 ton truck, but i've got an 03 silverado 2x4 with 186,000 miles and 7500 hours. its been a good truck just not sure how many hours is a lot.
  2. Pro-Lawn&Grounds

Pro-Lawn&Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

7500 hours? Your truck has an Hour meter?
  3. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

It's probably toast. Trash it. The piston are ready to explode. Those trucks are only rated for 6000 hours.

If you want, you can mail it to me and scrap it for you. I know a guy.
  4. sparcolawn

from IN

yeah i didn't realize P/U's had hour meters but sure enough, it does. 93 chevy..... how did you find out they're only rated for 6,000 hours? its been a great truck for me, replaced a bunch of little stuff but nothing major.
  5. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Tims joking guys lol yes newer pickups have hour meters thats getting up there but if its running fine whats the big deal?
  6. countrysidelc

countrysidelc LawnSite Member

I have an 03 2500hd and it has 230k miles but only 2600 hours. Im not sure how that works out. must be a glitch
  7. slqlc

slqlc LawnSite Member

wheres this hour meter at?
  8. sparcolawn

from IN

thats good news countryside, i'd like to get 230k out of my truck, what have you dont for major maintenance on it? so far i've replaced the Idler arm, fuel/water pump, and oil lines.... the only "real major" work done is a new radiator but the place that did that messed up and it had to be done twice but i'm real happy with it, thinking about a tranny flush next and calling it good till something breaks

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

im wondering this as well.
  10. sparcolawn

from IN

just hit the Trip button by the speedometer