03 ford f250 7.3

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Turf Dawg, Oct 9, 2012.

1. dieselss

dieselss LawnSite Bronze Member

You should be able to call a dealer and they could run it. I have heard of that same problem. I don't remember what the fix was tho. I'll see if I can get that info
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

Watch this video taken off www.thedieselstop.com

http://www.powerstrokehelp.com/7.3liter/leaks/1of2.asp

I had this problem and turned out to be turbo o rings.

3. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

Pull both negative wires from battery and airbag will not go off according to the manual. 3 screw to release lower column cover, insert key and turn to on and depress small ball on ignition switch to release lock mechanism, then remove tilt lever (unscrew it). Tilt and remove top half. When you have the cover off you are supposed to be able to see, check and troubleshoot 4way and signal switch. I suspect from what you have said that contacts for the switch may need cleaning and then re-spread dielectric grease again.

www.thedieselstop.com

4. Degolyerent

Degolyerent LawnSite Member
    from FL

Captken is right on that it is most likely not a rear main seal, watch powerstroke.com for sure, I also had leak that I thought was rear main but the valley of the 7.3 has a drain hole that drains out the back of the motor right in the area of the flywheel or flex plate. The section to watch is how to find oil leaks on the 7.3 litre, the guy that made the video is very good with Ford diesel motors.