03' Lazer or wait for the 04'?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Simone Lawn Service, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Simone Lawn Service

Simone Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I'm seriously considering purchasing a new mower. This will be only the second commercial ztr I will have purchased, and I want to make sure and get something with a little bit of growing room. I will be getting rid of my fixed deck 48" Surfer (Take it please!!!)
    Anyways, I wasn't planning on purchasing till' next spring. However I see that you are giving away striping kits with the 03's and that the 04's will probably be a few hundred dollars more. I was looking at a 60" Lazer with a 27hp Kohler. Can you offer any input as to changes to the 04's? I heard they may come with the ROP-I really don't like the idea of that, anything else? I really don't have much knowledge of the Exmarks, but you guys sure do have a super loyal following here, so you MUST by doing something right!

2. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

I love it! the cut is great, even a little better than my Lazer HP 52". And talk about productivity.......I am knocking off suprising chunks of time compared to my HP. I didn't think the 8 inches would make that big of a difference, but it certainly has. I know there are some new changes with the controls for the 04 models as they moved them to the right gas tank. Some other changes were made as well, but you can sometimes get close-out pricing on 03's this time of year. Good Luck-Esby

3. Simone Lawn Service

Hello... Hello... Any info on changes to the 04' Lazers?

4. Simone Lawn Service

Taking a demo out (03') this Friday! Too bad we have no thick spring grass to really test it out, but I'm sure I'll get a good overall feel for the mower.

5. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

the only changes to the 04 are the controls are all on the right side fuel tank, the tanks capacity has been increased ti 13 gallons i think, and there is a glove box where the controls used to be. it also comes standard with a roll bar. i just picked up a '03 60" lazer for 1200$ cheaper than the same '04 model and got a free mulch kit withit

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Simone
    Look At exmarks web On Lawnsite Go To-----To Exmark----- That sould Anwser Your Question On The Thicker wetter Grass.
    John

7. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Guys,

I can neither confirm nor deny any changes in the 04 product mentioned here.

We want to hold off on any official details until we have all the promotional material in place as well as solidify the production capacity.

Thanks

Terry

8. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

rollbar......I noticed the same on the new Toros. Prediction: A huge glut of "barely used" rollbars on sale on Ebay within months.

Probably done for liablity reasons.

9. Buckeye1

Buckeye1 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Just curious, will the roll bars on the 04 fit the 03 lazers??

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Buckeye1
    Yes they Will