1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

04 2500 HD Suspension

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by CompletePropertyCare, Apr 11, 2006.

1. CompletePropertyCare

CompletePropertyCare LawnSite Member

My truck is at AB Spring in Grand Rapids mi (shameless plug) Anyways, we have done a lot of business in the past so when I noticed my “new to me” 04 2500hd squatting pretty bad with wet mulch in the dump bed I decided I needed something done. I had though about one of the adjustable air bladder systems, my friend who owns the place told me to add two leafs to each side – just with the weight of the dump the truck was resting on the second leaf.
    Now the back of my truck is alittle high, I don’t want to just crank up the front sway bars so I thought about installing a set of these torsion bar keys to raise it up
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-06-2500-HD-Chevy-GMC-Lift-Leveling-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33585QQitemZ8054268768QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Anyone use these before?

2. green814

green814 LawnSite Member

Check this site out. I haven't read that anyone has used them for 2500's, but I think they may be able to help.http://www.gm-trucks.com/home/
    Good luck.
    Chris

3. scottishmaximus

scottishmaximus LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

How do you like the springs in the back? I was considering finding overload springs from a 1 ton. Any pics? I have my torsion bars cranked five turns and it sits pretty high. You may consider doing this. I haven't noticed excessive tire wear and it still handles well.

4. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Ever look into airbags? I have them in my truck and I love them. You can adjust them to the proper hieght when you need it. I had 3000lbs of stone in the back and it didnt drop.