1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

04 F250 6.0

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by RedWingsDet, Apr 3, 2006.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Anyone have experience with these. I found one with low miles (under 40k) for a good price. Im thinking about buying it since I think I have my current truck sold. Whats your oppinion on these as far as pulling power and what tends to go out on them within the first 100k.

BTW: dont turn this thread into a chevy vs ford vs dodge match. They're all the same to me and all have problems so dont make this thread a war between brands. thanks. lol
  2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Your getting rid of the "better" truck. If i where you i'd be buying an 06' 2500HD. they are the best trucks out there 'right now'
  3. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Well I need a diesel and want an ext cab, and all the chevy and gmcs are atleast 30k, where the fords are 25k
  4. Ferdelance

Ferdelance LawnSite Member

I have a 04 f-250 diesel with over 40,000 miles. Never had a problem with this truck. In the DC metro area, most of the work trucks are Ford Superdutys.
  5. amar

amar LawnSite Member

You get what you pay for.
  6. progolferjoe72

progolferjoe72 LawnSite Member

i love how all u guys are so biased, pretty pathetic if you ask me. You hear about a few problems here and there about that truck, doenst mean they are all like that... Pull your head out of your a$$e$.

ZOO YORK LawnSite Member

we have an 04 f-550 with the 6.0l and it has been a great truck. cant complain it has about 40,000 on it now.

as you said all trucks are the same its all about the price and how well the truck was takin care of.
  8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

A lot of the competition around me run Ford diesels. I think 1 of 2 companys are having trouble free runs with the 6.0 but when ever i pass by 1 of the 4 local ford dealerships, I always see them trucks waiting to go in the shop. Brickman corp. must have money to burn because many of the trucks are theres'.
    Mark, you said it yourself about the pice differences so I would review my choice if I were you! You could save 20k on the new Ford but if it is always in the shop, its going to be costing you more money than its making you. As it was said before, you get what you pay for.
    Not trying to turn it into a battle, just telling you what I see.
  9. ajordan193

ajordan193 LawnSite Senior Member
    from WNY

ford 6.0 is a good engine....sure it had its problems in 03 but the 04+ are solid trucks. A friend of mine is running 3 6.0's (03, 04, 05) and has no problems pulling around enclosed trailers all day long. Do you have more details on the truck or maybe a pic>?

10. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Remember the engine should be under warranty still also as Ford has a 5 year 100K mile warranty on the 6.0 diesel.