04 MCGHS Walker 42"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KS_Grasscutter, Jul 23, 2007.

1. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Ok, I am going to demo a used Walker later. It is a 04 MC with like 350 hours. I am pretty sure it just has the 6.7 catcher. I haven't even seen it yet, but I assume it is real good shape. What do you guys think would be a good price for this?

Also can get a (04 too I believe) with 1300 hours, MTGHS, 42" for $4500. I would kinda rather have the MT so I can get a high dump, but I kinda think the lower hour MCGHS would be the better one to get.

On a related note, who wants to but a nice used 50 inch Dixon?
  2. corey1977

corey1977 LawnSite Senior Member
    from maine

I use a mcghs 42 in a cemetery every day tought machine mine has 2800 hours its on engine #2
  3. KS_Grasscutter

The dealer wants $4850 for it, it has 312 hours on it. Is this a good deal?
  4. tomo

tomo LawnSite Senior Member

hello ,
    MT would be the better deal depending on 2 items
    --has the mt at those hours been maintained extremely well ??
    -a full inspect and assesment is in order
    -the mt model higher resale i suspect and way more options
    -- your application do u need which model and will u outgrow it .

5. KS_Grasscutter

The MC has been maintained much better. Not worried about resale, planning on keeping it quite a while. Dont need the bigger model, just using this for my smaller yards and backyards (Still have the dixon, at least for a while).
  6. DSTC

DSTC LawnSite Member

I just priced a Brand New MCGHS(2007 has the 20HP Kohler and 10.5" blower) today at my dealer. Was trying to decide between spending less $$$$ on the MB or getting another GHS. I decided to go with the MB, but the list on the MCGHS with the 9 Bushel hopper was like $8600, and my dealer would have let me have it for $7900. If you don't really need to collect grass the MB is worth looking at. I also liked the fact that the MB goes 8mph. List on mine was $5970 and I walked out with it for $5100.

My first walker was/is the diesel model and I LOVE that one, but can't really justify another 12k right now :)

I would not go into the purchase expecting to get more than 2000 hours out of either engine. With 1300 hours on the MT, you may be looking at a new engine in the near future, depending on how much you use it.