04 Metro's

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Lazer_Z, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Terry, Maybe you can help me I'm confused as to why the new eXmark Metro's cost so much. I was at my dealer yesterday and was talking with one of the guys about buying a new mower. So we walked tyo the back of the showroom and were lloking at a Bob Cat. And as we were talking he asked what i had paid for my Metro so i said just under $2,400 he then told me that the new Metro's are $2,400 on sale why is that? And the Bob cat i was looking at would come in just A touch under $3K

Thanks
    Rob

2. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats because eXmark has steadily raised their pries & quality of machinery over the years. I remember when they were the cheapest built units oput there w/ thin single rear drive belts that slipped when there was a nasty dew on the lawn. They are a much better built machjine now then before. Oh BTW, the biggest reason for the price diff of the 2 if Jr. or George didn't tell you already is that the 36 Metro comes standard w/ a 12.5 kaw vs the Bobcat 36 comes standard w/ a v-Twin 15. My foreman has a 36 metro for his personal machine - cuts great, but I chose the 48 bobcats over the eXmark w/b. As for the rider, I went 52 Lazer Z HP w/ ultrtavac hands down over the bobcat. I am pleased w/ both of my choices. Also, BTW, those ECS controls are sweet. Demoed them last year and had absolutely no problem changin from pistols!

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Lazer Z,

Please keep in mind that we do run a higher blade tips speed than most walk behind manufacturers, we also have the patented flow control baffle which improves cut quality, lift, discharge and reduces horsepower requirements.

We also utilize the ECS controls for greater operator comfort. The semi-pneumatic front caster tires not only eliminate the possibility of flats but the tires last much longer than a pneumatic tire and don't beat the machine up like some solid filled designs. The heavy plating on the front of the deck not only protect the front of the mower deck from impacts but it also helps to balance the mower much better than most walk behind mowers on the market. The built in blade brake helps to slow the blade when they are disengaged which is a nice added safety feature that we all hope you never need.

We also hold a little more fuel to extend cutting times before re-fueling.

Also keep in mind that on some fixed deck walk behind mowers if you want to make extreme changes in cutting heights you must unbolt the cutting deck from the engine deck and relocate it either higher or lower. With the metro design you simply raise or lower the rear axle. We believe this is much easier than trying to re-align the mower deck/engine deck. Our approach also keeps the deck belt at a more level angle for greater belt life as well.

I would recommend that you demo both machines. Generally it doesn't take much time even in the parking lot to see, feel and hear the difference in the two machines.

Thanks

Terry

4. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Turfdude Thanks for the input

Terry i was already going to do just what you said and demo both.

Just one more question Terry what improvements have been made to the Metro HP's ?

Thanks again

5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Lazer,

The only major changes for the Metro HP for 04 was the new Kawasaki engine. One of the significant changes to this engine was a more user friendly air filter.

Terry