1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

04 toro 36 wb problem

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by allfiremencutgrass, Oct 24, 2008.

1. allfiremencutgrass

allfiremencutgrass LawnSite Member

Upon starting my Kohler 15 command engine on my 04 proline wb belt drive w 150 hrs..I let it warm up a min or so and pull the clutch button and motor wants to bog down and die I sometimes it takes a few times to get it going..Any thoughts?

2. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

motor needs to warm up a little more your putting to much of a load on it with everything beong cold

3. allfiremencutgrass

Ok thats cool thanks for the reply...I thgt I had been but Ill give it some additional minutes.thanks

4. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Where is the throttle positioned when you engage the clutch?

5. allfiremencutgrass

always started it wide open.

6. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

So you have had this mower for a while and it just started doing this? Is this the first cooler weather you have had with this mower?

7. allfiremencutgrass

Yea its weird it just started doing it and its not cold here 68 70 degrees nice 1300hrs...Maybe its cold maybe something is too tght but Ive done nothing but PM its been great to me???

8. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Make sure the governor arm is moving, when you put the mower under strain, like engaging the blade, look to see, the governor should open up to compensate. You should see the arm(behind the carb) move. You could even have a fuel flow problem, so that when the governor does open up, more fuel can't pass through the carb. Check your air cleaner, and run some Seafoam through the carb.

9. allfiremencutgrass

good stuff! I will tom...

10. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Ditto...my Toro wb does this when we get into colder weather...I just let it run for a couple of minutes before I try to cut with it.