04' Toro with Turbo Force Deck.................NICE!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pinnacle, Oct 20, 2003.

1. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

Seen the 04' Toro's today at my dealer with the new deck.............HUGE improvment!!

Nice DEEP deck.

7 gauge deck.

Special nipples in the spindals that are spose to take the impact of a huge hit...................$40.00 Aus to replace................Beats buying new spindals.

The adjustable baffles are an engerniering feat...........So easy to adjust too.

The one is was looking at had a 72" on it and this rubber discharge shot.............."Hello MFGs they all need rubber shoots".

But....yeh.........Very nice Z.

Is anybody running these??.....................They look real nice.

Anyway..........Nice job Toro.
  2. I saw my first Turbo-Force deck yesterday at the Expo in Louisville Kentucky.

I'm impressed! That deck looks as tough as the deck on my Toro 580-D! And I think tougher than the decks on the Toro 325-D.

I've never had to replace a spindle housing on a Commercial Toro in 25 years of running them. And I've cut into most everything. Curbs, manhole covers, steel posts, you name it. Just replace the blade and go.
    The spindle housing isn't quite as big as the ones on the bigger equipment. But they're built the same. A big round casting to take the shock of impact.

The reps at the Expo says Toro is coming out with a diesel for this machine.

This machine looks to be a serious contender in the ZTR market.
    Damm! Like I don't already have enough competition! :mad:

3. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Hey Pinnacle you hit it right rubber discharge shoots
  4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Speaking of STOCK discharge shoots...........Does anyone actually USE theirs?

I've been using my "Director" since new, and my DC had the OCDC, and on my JD's , I removed them. I could never mow with eXmarks STOCK discharge shoot. It does nothing but put all the clippings in a clumpy ROW. :rolleyes:

99% of the mowers I see on the road don't even have theirs on.

TORO's on a good track with the rubber, but thats STILL 12" or so of "shoot" that would get in my way. At least its flexible though!
  5. yourlawnguy

yourlawnguy LawnSite Member

Does anyone know how these decks perform on St. Augustine and Bahia grass compared to Exmark? A demo right now for me would be useless since the growth has finally slowed down for the year.
  6. Lazer_Z

from NJ

TLS I'll help ya out i took mine off to instal the bracket for my catcher but i only used it maybe 2 times before it came right off
  7. Lazer_Z

from NJ

Sorry double post
  8. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

Toro had to do something. Nothing like getting beatup by your sister (Exmark)