05-07 Ford Super Duty headlamps on 1999-04

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by RedMax Man, Sep 21, 2007.

1. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I've seen a few people who have updated their 1999 - 2004 Ford Super Duty trucks front end with the newer 2005 - 2007 headlamps, bumpers and grills. I've also seen parts advertised for this very purpose. Anyone here do it or know anything about it? I did see someone on Plow Site who did to his F-350. I would like to update my headlights and grille. Just looking for any information there might be ralated to this. Thanks.

These are the headlamps and grille i'd like to put on my F-350...
    That truck pictured is not mine, just a sample of the grille.

harley0507.jpg

39171012_o.jpg

2. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

3. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

id do head lights grille and bumper. or, just head lights. Lights are very easy to change.

4. Fairway Land & Lawn

Fairway Land & Lawn LawnSite Member

The whole conversion shouldnt take you more than 3 hours. My neighbor did it to his 99 f250 and it looks great. However, if you have the 7.3L please dont put the big style 6.0L badges on there also.

5. RedMax Man

I would do the headlights and grille. thanks for that link i just don't if i want to spend that kinda money to make the truck look better, Its really just looks.

You don't think the 05 headlights and grille would look nice? When you do these light you also have to get some sort of a wiring attachment to make everthing work and cut some of the mounting hole out.

Yeah a complete conversion would look nice. it just all costs money and a buddy of mine told me why waste it just for looks. I wouldn't but fake badges on. I saw a guy once but a 450 badge on a 250 just because he added larger tires and jacked it up.

Thanks guys.

Anyone else have some advice or comments?

6. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

the grille on the new ones are bigger than the old ones. so youd have to do some cuttin on it. thats why id do the bumper also.

7. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

I'm a big fan of that '05-'07 front end. Probably the sharpest Ford in my book.
    (I also like the '92-'98)

8. Snyderserv5060

Snyderserv5060 LawnSite Member

Check out www.powerstrokeshop.com They have package deals on the entire 05-07 conversion... as well as the other misc parts if you wanted to do just the lights. I believe you'll need the bulb harness but they are easy to get ahold of. I am probably going to swap out my 01 lights as I hate the orange blinkers and not so clear housings in the near future! Priorities first tho so I opted to get a leaf vac/loader.

Also check out www.dieselstop.com tons of people have posted on the conversion and what all is required.

9. RedMax Man

MKM customs sells the 05 through 07 grills that are custom cut to fit the 99 -04. They just trim some off the bottom.
    Here's a link to one of there grilles:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD...017QQitemZ270169350751QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
    Same here, i think its one of the best yet, I dunno why they had to change everything in the front for 08.
    Thanks for that link and yes you do need a harness which isn't very expencive.