05 exmark 60" lazer z as only 143 hours

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by I MOW ALONE, Dec 31, 2008.

1. I MOW ALONE

I MOW ALONE LawnSite Bronze Member

well if you paid $7700 for your toro a month ago and dandavis is asking $6000 for his with 1400 hours than you tell me who is overpriced more? Lol

2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I didn't say anything about his price since he wasn't asking but since you did I will. I haven't seen his mower so don't know what condition its in but I'm sure its not in the same condition as yours. I personally would not pay $6000 for any mower that has 1400hrs on it and depending on the year he has, which I do not know. I would think his price should be a lot lower than $6000. I wasn't comparing yours to his or vise versa. I just believe from prices around here both of your prices a to high, yours a little and his a lot.

3. I MOW ALONE

thats cool his is an 05 same as mine. only reason i asked for opinion on his is because he is the one who offered $5k for mine but wants $6k for his with 1400 hours. i just thought that was funny.

4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

JB1 has a lazer Z 2004 23hp Kaw with 1387hrs or so for $3800 so depending on model and year $6000 seems high to me for a mower with over 1400hrs on it. Like I said you have a nice mower with low hrs and if you can get what your asking great for you. I was just saying for a little bit more money you can buy a new mower with warranty that has the same size deck and bigger engine.

5. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

5K would be a good price to get for that unit. Around here you'd get $4500-$5000 in the spring. Maybe your market is different? If you guys could get $6k for those machines I'd sell all my stuff tomorrow. I've just never seen used mowers w/ no warranty going for anywhere near those prices. I wish you luck. Heck I'd like to see you get $10k. I'm not a hater just think some of the prices guys ask for stuff is insane.

6. I MOW ALONE

regarding my mower the exmark with 143 hours. if in my area the mower sells new for $8500 plus mulch kit and tax =$9200 i really want $6700 so your saying that $2500 off with only 143 hours is insane? i dont think so at all i realize this is not a giveaway price just very fair. i have heard a good rule to go by for determining the value of a used mower is to deduct $10 per hour so if i deduct $1500 off the $9200 that would come to $7700. i realize that would be too much but at $6700 i think im being reasonable. but to each his own

7. I MOW ALONE

bump bump bump

8. I MOW ALONE

well i guess if it dont sell i will run it for a few more hundred hours and then sell it for around $5500 or a little more:D

9. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

10. mc24034

mc24034 LawnSite Member

Well if this is the price these are going for then I got a great buy on my 2008 Lazer HP 56" with only 80 hrs. Also, dealer is going to carry the warranty for me also. Paid $5k.