06 26 changes

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by dishboy, Nov 10, 2005.

1. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Can you tell me what changes Exmark will be making on the 06 Metro 26.

I am particully interested in mulching ability and drive cable spring breakage woes. Will a deeper deck be coming and if not what mulch kit changes will address the mulching ability?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Thanks for your interest Dishboy,

They have redesigned the baffle on the mulch kit and are testing the new design...they are optimisitc about the change.

There is a new Drive bale cable update already in place for the 05 units that has greatly improved the life of the cable.

The Product manager said that we will not release the '06 model until all changes are up to Exmark standards.

Thanks, Brian

3. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I was originally dissapointed with the design of the metro 26. I wish they had something a bit more manouverable that you didn't have to lift to turn. and perhaps a hydro option, so that there would be no gears to shift through in the tight layouts it is ment for.

something along the lines of a mini tracerhp.

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

How about toros Personal pace Drive?????

5. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

The existing Personal Pace Drive would never hold up on that 26" machine. They would have to totally redesign it with much heavier components. We have worked on several Personal Pace drive systems here in our shop. These were on mowers that the owners was trying to use for commercial mowing. The Personal Pace is fine for once a week homeowner use, but will not hold up long, when used day in-day out commercial mowing operations.

6. John Gamba

from ct

Thats sad. I tried one a fell in love with it.

John

7. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

John,
    Yes, it is a great system, but just designed for light duty homeowner mowers.
    If Exmark/Toro set their mind to it, I bet they could beef it up to withstand commercial use.

8. John Gamba

from ct

I would like to see it put on a turf tracer, they could cut the handles down the middle. LOL

John