06 287b Hi-flow Loaded

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by GMUGNIER, Jul 6, 2007.

1. GMUGNIER

GMUGNIER LawnSite Member

I currently own a 06 287B xps hi-flow machine with 81 hours - I am posting some pics below please let me know what it is worth and if there is anyone interested - let me know that as well - I am moving to the 297C Hi-flow - and was also wondering what is a good deal on one of these machines.

Any and ALL feed back will be appreciated.

Thanks

Gus Mugnier

DSC00001.JPG

DSC00002.JPG

DSC00003.JPG

DSC00004.JPG

DSC00005.JPG

2. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats a sharp machine you have there. Not sure what you will get out of it but I know the Cat's with the ASV undercarriage don't have the best of resale value. I know that is not what you want to hear. Dont know if where your getting the new machine at will work with ya some or not?

3. GMUGNIER

GMUGNIER LawnSite Member

I appreciate your post however - CAT MTL 's all have ASV undercarriages - there is no option and you can't get them any other way from CAT - Yes my local dealer is working with me I just think he is a little light - they offered me mid 40's I am looking for low 50's

Thanks

Gus

4. NateV

NateV LawnSite Senior Member

Id say take the mid 40's and try to get some off the new one to make up the diffrence.

5. SiteSolutions

SiteSolutions LawnSite Bronze Member

The dealer ought to know as well as anyone what the resale value on their own machine is worth. I'm sure the C series is nice, but if your current machine lost so much value in less than 100 hours, why go back to Cat? At least use that argument with the dealer when you talk to him again, if your heart is already set on the Cat machine.

6. DirtyRat

DirtyRat LawnSite Member

He probably does, but he is going to give less than his cost from Cat of a new one. He has to be able to make money on the trade in also. He will have to sell for around 4 or 5 grand less than new one and still make a profit. That means you will take a 7 to 10 grand hit. Remember he is in business to make money just like you are. He cannot get low rate financing on used like he can new. That is a big factor. Most people will pay 5 to 7 grand more with good financing on new.

7. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Low 50's is about what I was thinking, maybe $54K on the high end, $51K on the bottom end.

8. Fieldman12

Yeah, I know the ASV undercarriage is all Cat has unless you go to the over the wheel track which is what allot of them are doing now. Hopefully the new ASV undercarriage is allot better. Im not trying to sound negative but it is talked about on here often about the CAT MTL resale of not being great at all.

9. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Take the money! Buy a wheeled Cat and if you need tracks, Loegering Versatile Track System.........

10. Fieldman12

I would love to have one of the new C series Cat machines. I'm kinda looking forward to seeing how the ASV undercarriage style they have now works out. I would say your probably going to have to take the hit on the trade in or if I was you I would go around to other brand dealers and get a trade in value plus what there machine cost and then take that back to Cat. Regardless if they ever made a dime on your trade in Cat (just broke even) they still are making on the new machine. You would think that since Cat is pretty much the king of dozers (especially the big ones) they would have kept a closer eye on the ASV undercarriage and knew if it would work well or not. They have been making high tracks, conventional, and Rubber tracked tractors longer than just about everyone that I can think of.