06' 66" lazer z XS

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by mslawn, Mar 16, 2008.

1. mslawn

mslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from LA

I have this machine with th 31 briggs on it, it uses a quart of oil every 3-5 hrs, the motor has 1000hrs. It does not smoke or leak oil from anywhere I have found. It did have a major oil leak in warranty coming from the place where the governer goes in the motor, that was repaired. Now it just drinks oil. Where can it be going? With no blue smoke or visible leaks, this is confusing?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

mslawn,

Is your unit under warranty?

KC

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

how does the coolant look? dont just look in the bottle drain the rad.

4. mslawn

from LA

Unit just went out of warranty end of Feb, was in dealers shop for the longest getting the oil leak fixed from the governer seal. I do believe he kept it in there long enough for it to trickle out of warranty. After we finally got to use it and noticed it was still gulping the oil down it was too late, the warranty period was over. After all the hassles I have had with this one, it may be my last exmark, and I have owned several. Look up the warranty repairs on
    :
    model #lxs31bv665
    Serial# 622832

I did change the oil today and instead of using 30 weight, I put some 20W-50 to see if it slows the oil consumption down. Maybe this will help.

5. mslawn

from LA

This is an air cooled engine.

6. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

OH, that is strange

7. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

mslawn,

First off, I apologize for your troubles. We don't enjoy hearing any Exmark user frustrated with our equipment. The unfortunate thing about this industry is that one manufacturer makes the tractor and another makes the engines. I would urge you to contact our Customer Service Center @ 1-800-667-5296. I will warn you though, if the problem isn't something we've heard before, we will ask you to contact Briggs. Contacting Briggs will be your best bet to getting the answer that you need.

Thanks,
    KC

8. Markf

Markf LawnSite Senior Member

I am interested in the outcome of this problem since we have an XS with the 31 B&S.
    Mark

9. mslawn

from LA

I bought a new engine from tulsa small engine warehouse. I will stay away from the vanguards on new unit purchases.