06 chevrolet 2500HD/duramax

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by skidster32, Apr 14, 2008.

1. skidster32

skidster32 LawnSite Member

hey guys I'm new here.....i was wondering if anyone could answer my question for me, I'm looking at putting a turbo back 4 inch pipe on my truck. when i put my cat back on i threw a code and went into limp mode, so i was wondering if anyone knew how to go about installing a finger stick?

2. OhioMowerGuy

OhioMowerGuy LawnSite Senior Member

thedieselplace.com They have tons of info there.

3. skidster32

thanks man

4. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

yours is an 06 LBZ? and you were able to cut the cat? my shop said i would throw codes if i cut mine off. mines an 07.

5. Blueribbonlawns

Blueribbonlawns LawnSite Senior Member

I wish the lbz's wernt so picky they throw codes for everything.

6. skidster32

i havent cut the cat yet. but if u install a finger stick it tells the computer otherwise...im trying to figure out how to install one. even if u take the muffler off u will throw a code which in crazy. i took mine off one day and i went into limp mode. i couldnt go any faster than 45mph.

7. FIRESCOOBY

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

Not all LBZ's are the same. Some throw codes, some don't. Mine is all stock, but eventually gonna put a 5" single or 4" duals on it.

Buddy of mine put a 4" turbo back and has never thrown a code. A co-worker with exact same truck did them same and his threw a code within 2 days.

8. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

i cut my muffler off and its fine. no codes or anything. just curious bout the cat now.

9. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

I gotta ask you guys, since the Dmax has so much power stock, why do you guys do things like take the mufflers off and put bigger exhaust on when it seems to cause problems? Do you really need more power or just like the noise? Not throwing rocks here, just an honest question.

10. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

cutting the muffler gives the exaust better fow. it doent give you more power, it helps with fuel mileage. anyone who says their exaust system gave them more power is lying.