06 Exmark XS question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JMB, Nov 8, 2005.

1. JMB

JMB LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I am going to order a New 06 XS and can't make up my mind on the 29 Kawi DFI or the 31 Briggs.
    The kawi is $1100.00 more but I am wondering if I could make that up in fuel savings. Does anyone have the gallons per hour numbers for either or both engines?

I am also wondering about the maintenance issues on the liquid cooled engine versus the air cooled Briggs.

I haven't seen any negative posts about either engine but I am leaning toward the Kawi.

2. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 29 and I love it. 1.2 galons per hour.

3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I think I would be swaying more towards the briggs here.

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

We've got the 31 briggs with somewhere around 400 hours on it.
    Don't know the fuel usage off hand but I'd be going with the horsepower on the XS.

5. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

As far as I know the XS only engine option is the 31 Hp Vanguard. Awsome machine. I traded in a liquid cooled for it and I have no reqrets.

6. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

The 29 is on the 06s.

7. JMB

JMB LawnSite Member
    from Texas

The 06 has several engine options.
    I read your posts about the early 05 model with the old style baldes. The blades were a consideration, but the new deck won...lol.

8. GNRL

GNRL LawnSite Member
    from Wi

MY XS burns around 1.5 gph

9. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Ahh.. let's not forget the 25hp Kubota Diesel.. and the 35 HP Briggs Vanguard (although the 35 horse is only offered on the 72" deck)

Also, isn't the 30hp Kohler Command on the regular Lazers a new option for this year? Or were they around last year?

10. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

O K Spy Guy and John Gamba. Where o where are you tonight, Why did you leave me............sorry having a Hee Haw moment.