06 F-150

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Mean Green Lawns, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Mean Green Lawns

Mean Green Lawns Banned

IS that a sweet truck or what?

2. K&M Lawn Care

K&M Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Being a Ford guy I would have to say yes. I test drove one about 6 months ago but ended up with a F-250 instead.

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Uhh.. Yeah.. Check out www.f150online.com. There lots of guys over there that agree. Not that I disagree but we are in the lawn mowing forums. Are you gonna tow your trailer with it?

4. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I have two. They are good trucks so far. The 250 is better for loads.

5. Birdhunter1

Birdhunter1 LawnSite Senior Member

I've had 2 of these new style F-150's, a 2004 and now a 2006. I love the truck and I really like the 5.4 engine. I think it handles it's loads rather well, today I had about 1300 lbs. of ammunition in the back of it for about 60 miles, once a month I carry 1100 lbs of dog food in the back for anywhere from 60-70 miles and I think it handles really well.

6. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

What kinda of dog eats 36 lbs of food a day?

7. ED'S LAWNCARE

ED'S LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

I have 11 dogs go thru 400 lbs a month.

8. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

I was using my cousins 2006 f-150 with the 5.4 in it while I was out of truck from my wreck, and I feel in love with it, smooth ride, powerful engine, very roomy interior. I had the most fun while not hauling the trailer around because every time the light turned green I had them tires spinning:weightlifter: . I am thinking about getting one as a personal vehicle when they have another good lease payment out for an ext. cab 6.5 bed 4x4 xlt 5.4. These are truly built for anything, I hauled my 18ft trailer loaded with 2 dixie choppers one with a trac-vac on the mower bags of grass/ leafs loaded to the top of his tunneau cover and never had a problem hauling or handle the weight, of course it was harder to stop because I only used it for a week and never had a brake controller to put in it but did well way better than I thought it would and alot better than my last F-250 and got about 14mpg hauling this set up.

9. Birdhunter1

Birdhunter1 LawnSite Senior Member

5 Brittany's, 4 english pointers, 3 setters, 1 German shorthair, 2 German Shepherds and a mini-Chihuahua.
    A buddy of mine and I split a pallet, every 3-4 weeks we go and get another one.

The ammunition: a guy I hunt with is a big time trap shooter, we went and got 30 flats of 12 ga. #8 1 1/8 oz. loads (for him), 2 flats of 20 ga. 1 oz. #7 1/2 for me (quail hunting ammo), 1 Do-All Aerial asualt clay target thrower (for me) and 13 cases of clay targets (for me and buddy with a bunch of dogs). And a box of .45 Colt 265 gr. BCJHP from Cor-Bon (packs 1037 ft-lbs of whoop ass at the muzzle) for my Ruger, dad has a deer tag he wants to fill this weekend with my pistol.

All on one pallet in the back of my truck and didn't even know it was there.