06 FasTrack44

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by ctriopelle, Apr 6, 2007.

1. ctriopelle

ctriopelle LawnSite Member

Hi, new member, but since I began lurking I have become impressed with Hustler's machines.

I have a short window to look at picking up the last 44" '06 fastrack at my local dealer. Price is great ($3800), but I'm concerned that it only has the 16 HP Honda. Me being a 250+ lb driver and a few (small) slopes in the yard has me wondering how much power will be hitting the blades to keep them near the 17k+ tip speed advertised. My grass is very thick and grows 1-2 inches in 3-4 days in the summer, so I need all the power I can get, I think. I love the machine, but at this price point I can also get brand X (pun intended) with a bigger deck and a much larger engine. I'm only going to be dishing out homeowner abuse, so if I put 500 hours on this thing before it's antiquated it will be a stretch. I can also get the 52" with the 20 HP Honda for 4500 (last year's as well), but 4500 is just out of my range that was originally only 2500-3500.

Thanks in advance for feedback!

Anyone

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

If you mow at the right speed for the conditions you will be fine, you will be going slower, but you will get it cut and it will look great.

Pj

3. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

Spend the $ an get the Hustler that you feel will best fit you.

I would find a way to come with the money to get the "06" FasTrak.