06 Ferris 48'' zero turn?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Crisafi87, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Crisafi87

Crisafi87 LawnSite Member

06 Ferris 48'' zero turn w/ 21h.p kawasaki
    Wondering what people think about this mower? Im looking to buy a mower and I'm on a budget.

2. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I have an '05. I love mine. Its not the fastest but it does cut good.

3. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got a 2007 and love it. Is that an IS1500 or IS1000? I'm not sure when they changed. I've got the 48" 21hp and it will cut anything. Great ride, plenty of power, really tough mower. I can't really comment on cut quality since none of my customers irrigate or fertilize, just whatever grows grows. It does do a good job with these anyway. I seeded some tall fescue in part of my yard last fall and mowed it a couple times with the Ferris. It looked so pretty, nice and striped.

4. swingset

swingset LawnSite Member

That's the mower I have. I like mine alot.

Pluses:
    Great ride, great ergonomics, good motor and a good price for the quality of the build.

Minuses: Somewhat finicky cut - the forward rake has to be just right so check the setup. Also, the big rear wheels being so close together require a bit more finesse to turn without tearing up turf, but it's not bad once you get used to it.

5. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

i bought mine new april 2005 got a 4 year warranty from dealer. good thing i have gotten the hydros, front end and many other items replaced under warranty but as soon as i get out of warranty it's for sale in 2009 too afraid it will break down. it's been a good mower cuts nice and drives fast.

6. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I mowed some tall fescue this afternoon, and even to be semi-dormant, it striped very well with the Ferris. swingset is right, you have to be careful with the big rear tires and very little trim offset of the deck. I think I would prefer a 52" deck so that there would be 2 more inches on each side for trim and overlap when striping. I took a picture of my stripe this afternoon, but it's on a 35mm camera, not a digital, so I'll post it when I get the film developed. I'll probably stick in the 2008 stripes thread when it gets up and going.

7. Crisafi87

Crisafi87 LawnSite Member

great. I'm looking at getting one. Sounds like a good mower. Thanks for the quick response. I appreciate it.