07 exmark viking 36wb

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncarepros2004, Feb 19, 2008.

1. lawncarepros2004

lawncarepros2004 LawnSite Member

I was quoted $4700 for last years 36" wb viking fixed deck. This doesn't sound like to great of a deal for a machine that has been at the dealer over a year. What :cool2:do you think of the price?

2. BanvilleLawnCare

BanvilleLawnCare LawnSite Member

Just bought a current model year 36'' ZTR for that much$

3. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

they haven't changed anything on that machine in years, so whether it's an 06, 07, 08, nothing is different except the serial number. Why should the price be?

In fact, I believe the price for this year is 48-4900 so 4700 is actually a good deal.

Exmark , just like any other manufacturer is going to clean out the pipeline of older models before they start shipping out new models, so it all depends on what part of the country your in when you are gonna see new serial number stuff.

Typically, the south sees the newer stuff more because they cut year round.

4. lawncarepros2004

no wonder it has been there over a year

5. lawncarepros2004

thanks for your insight!

6. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

what kind of junky ztr can you buy for $4700?

I would rather have the Viking for that money. I was gonna get one last year but it was nearly $5k and I found a used TTHP for like $3k.

7. quiet

quiet LawnSite Senior Member

hmmm. That sounds a little high to me. I bought a 36" TTHP for $4700 last June. Dual hydro vs. single, floating deck vs. fixed.

For just a little more, get the TTHP.

8. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

quiet -- A Viking is dual hydro, not single. Exmark does not offer a single hydro machine. You like your TTHP and make the floating vs. fixed deck comment. What value is a floating deck for a 36" machine? I have a Viking 36" machine, fixed deck, and have never felt that a floater was important for that width machine. I have a 48" floating deck on my JD ZTR. I can more easily scalp with the floater 48" than the fixed 36". I could understand a TTHP 48" floater being important, but why the 36?

My greatest scalp concern for my Viking 36" is front to back, not side to side.

Comments, please. Thanks.

P.S. I ask the question because my Viking has crossed the ten season mark, well over 6,000 hours, perhaps over 6,500. If I have a failure during the season, I want to know the replacement without thinking about it then. I think I would go right out and replace with a new Exmark Viking 36. But, I would want to consider the TTHP too.

9. quiet

quiet LawnSite Senior Member

I'm very sorry. I thought for sure the Viking was single hydro.

10. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I will say going from a metro to the tthp, both 36, I dont see the use in floating deck for a 36" machine. I bought the tthp used and got a killer deal, If I was buying one brand new I would get the viking in a heartbeat.

I assume changing the deck height on the viking is the same as the metro, which i feel is much easier to change the height on than the tthp...