07 Navigator Fill Reduction System

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by MJM landscaping, Sep 24, 2007.

1. MJM landscaping

MJM landscaping LawnSite Member

Just a quick question I have an 06 navigator, and was just on Exmarks website, and saw that for 07 the navigator has a fill reduction system. Whats this all about, how does it work, and most importantly can it be added to my machine??

2. MJM landscaping

MJM landscaping LawnSite Member

apparently not

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I think its a mulch kit. I wish they would just come out with a 48" SD deck.

4. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey MJM, I was up in Gorham about 18 years ago, just loved the area, nice suburb of Portland. I loved some of the large homes and beautiful lawns they had, on the video I was heard saying I'd love to cut these lawns and I think I'll stay!
    Dave

5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

MJM,

The fill reduction system is basically adjustable discharge baffles. With these baffles in their standard position, the machine is 100% collection. When you move the baffles in, it will reduce the amount you collect by around 25% depending upon the conditions and blade type. It works by simply partially closing off the discharge opening so that it mulches some and collects the rest. The kit is retrofittable to all prior Nav's. (P/N 109-5458 and sells for a little under a $100).

We do also offer a full fledged mulch kit for the Nav (P/N: MKNAV42 or 48). This kit comes with a bolt in blocker and mulch blades.

I attached some pics of the fill redux.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Lenny

Picture1.jpg

Picture2.jpg

6. John Gamba

from ct

Happy fall Lenny.

John

7. John Gamba

from ct

This is what i'm talking about. i dont know how to send a PM pic.If you cut a hole in the top of the hopper,fill it with this and ice. It works.

John

Oh make sure you have your fill reduction on Maxi Reduction.

sol.jpg