07 npr diesel

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Son's Lawn Maintenance LLC, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Son's Lawn Maintenance LLC

Son's Lawn Maintenance LLC LawnSite Member

Has anyone ran off-road fuel in theirs? Did it give any problems??

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Shouldn't give you any problems other than a heavy fine if you get caught by the DOT running it on road.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Son's Lawn Maintenance LLC

Son's Lawn Maintenance LLC LawnSite Member

I realize that. The Dot don't ever mess with us.

4. nashlawn01

nashlawn01 LawnSite Senior Member

The fine is around $10k

5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I run it in my dually all the time. No issues.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. exmarkking

exmarkking LawnSite Bronze Member

Dude,
    You will get fined. It's only a matter of time. You wouldn't be saving much either. It's just not worth the risk.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Correct. DOT, DPS & State police are too busy picking on Garbage trucks around here.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. MasScape

MasScape LawnSite Senior Member

Basically off road diesel is the same but you don't pay federal/state road taxes. It is dyed so the state police can tell its of road diesel. They will catch you doing it one day. My buddy that is a state troop was driving by the coop that sell off road diesel and watched a guy fill his truck up with of road diesel. Let's just say he was pulled and fine heavily. It isn't just a fine. It is considered tax evatation. I am sorry but running off road desiel in your truck is a very stupid idea. You may as well stop paying your income tax, its not far from the same thing. Just like the IRS will get you for income tax one day, the state police will get you for running of road diesel.

Sorry for the rant, but roads cost money.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. MasScape

MasScape LawnSite Senior Member

One more thing to add... you fill up once with it, it takes many fill up for the dyed to get out of your tank. So you do it once, you could buy regular diesel for months and get pulled and get fined
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Vecchio Lawn Care

Vecchio Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

If you plan on running off road diesel I hope you do all of your engine work. If you ever need injectors replaced or anything like that mechanics know that you run off road. Choose wisely