07 Season...Hows it looking?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Big M LawnnSnow, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Big M LawnnSnow

Big M LawnnSnow LawnSite Member

Well we are at the season start for '07 and besides the weather here in NJ I was wondering what everyone thinks this season will bring.
    It seems we have been growing more in our landscape division with lots of estimates to do for this spring and not so many new lawn accounts yet but it is early for some residential customers to decide, they like to see warm weather before hiring a lco.
    How is it looking for you all this spring?
    New Accounts? Landscape bids?

I hope you all have a great '07 season.

2. Chop Stuff Up

Chop Stuff Up LawnSite Senior Member

I was surprised at the number of calls we got this year for new estimates. We had one good week of mowing and well its just kinda cold and rainy right now.

3. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Going to start mowing this week.

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

So far it looks as good as last year. Got rid of some dead wood and replaced it with good stuff. Calls coming in for lots of recapping mulch beds and spring clean stuff. I am bidding at premium rates and of course not getting all of it but I am making good money for my time.

I think this year will be good even though the gas prices are high again. Good luck to you all.

5. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

grass is hardly green yet, let alone growing, but the phone just starting ringing off the hook with alot of shrub plantings, a few large! lots of mulch too

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I'm optimistic for 07.

Besides the mowing accounts I bought last December from an outfit that was getting out of maintenance, two them have produced mulch jobs of 32 and 46 yards respectively that we have been able to get in already despite the weather. And a few others have expressed interest in having some projects done by us.

7. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Slowly starting to shape up. Weve seen snow twice in the last 2 weeks and its been cold. Grass is starting to green and calls are starting to come in, lets just hope lots more come in!

Cheers
    Jeff

8. DixieFerris

DixieFerris LawnSite Senior Member

Our workload is larger than ever, picked up about 35 new mowing customers, (plus 7 commercial) and tons of spring jobs (cleanups, mulch) and 4 new landscape installs thus far. Our goal is to grow again this year by about 60% gross income, which is well on it's way as long as the weather becomes reasonable. Growing from 235k to 350k is not out of the question. And we only distributed 750 flyers for all the new residentials and phone calls for the commercials because of our knocking on the door with estimates on the spot sales strategy. As I have said before on here, you guys who send out 5,000 flyers and whine about less than 1% hit rates are wasting your time. I advertised on and off for about a week, and boom that business is all there again. It's scary if I had the time/resources to keep advertising, because the sky is the limit

9. garrettlawn

garrettlawn LawnSite Member

looking cold here...

10. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

So far its been great and looks like its gonna continue that way. Only real problem is this nasty weather that won't go away. Its raining, sleeting and snowing now.