'07 Xr7

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Imow4u2, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Imow4u2

Imow4u2 LawnSite Senior Member

Is the '07 XR7 going to be any different than my '06 ? I have a 60" sitting at the dealer now, he told me that hustler is shipping decks for southern or northern regions.. I hope it's more than last years deck with the spacers and triangle fillers added.. I'm still not happy with the cut on my 66"

Any info would be great..

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Yes, we are shipping 2 different versions.
    Was your 66" updated last fall?

3. Imow4u2

Yeah, my 66" has been updated with marginal results.. I have a lot of high end accounts, Res. and Commercial that like the H.O.C. 3+ inches.. I really need some results for that level.. Back to my original ? Is this '07 I'm about to receive a last years deck with the "Kit" or is it a different design for the cool season?

Thanks, Chad

4. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

If it were me, I would want a quality demo in the conditions that give you the most concern. I am not happy with my 60" and the variety of kits I tried.

Good Luck

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

There have been some changes, 1 of which is elimintaing the free flow triangles in the rear of the deck.
    We also added front baffles.
    I am not sure your deck was updated all the way was it?
    You need to talk to your dealer and he can explain.

Pj

6. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

We're there any updates to the orignal (nonXR7) decks?

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

In mid 2005 we enlarged the discharge opening and went to a flat blade (Fusion, sharpened to almost the center) instead of the original offset blades.
    This was a product improvement, not a update.

Pj

8. Imow4u2

I saw my '07 at the dealer the other day, Looks as though the deck is made to be as "deep" in the front as my '06 with the filler plate.. Between that and the elimination of the free flow triangles it should be a good cut, in theory... I will find out within a week or two won't know for sure until we get a good stand here.....

I am satisfied that I did'nt receive the same '06 deck with the extra iron installed.. That would have been a disapointment.. If this cuts better I will be looking to dump my '06 sooner than scheduled..

9. Z-Man

Z-Man LawnSite Member

How can you tell if you are getting the newest version from the dealer? Are they decks above a certain serial number? My local dealer has several and I would like to make sure I am getting the latest and greatest.
    :usflag:

10. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The updated decks are identical to the new decks coming off the line today, you would have a hard time telling the difference.
    But yes, the new deck is differentiated by a serial # break.

Pj