08 3/4 ton Ford, Chevy, or Dodge???

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by PLS-Tx, May 18, 2008.

1. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

If you were going to buy a new 3/4 ton which would you buy?

I like Ford the best, but it seems that they are getting the worst mpg.

2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Chevy D-Max...and theres alot of threads like this.

3. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Now theres one more. :laugh:

4. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I would have to go Chevy. If price is an issue - in my area at least - ford is always cheaper, then dodge, then GM. I am currently running 5 chevy trucks. Alll trucks are 3/4 4x4. 2003, 2004,2005,new style 07 and a new 08 4 door with d-max. All trucks range from 88K to 4K miles. No problems, tires, just replaced my first battery, but overall, everything is running strong.

5. 1cooltreeguy

1cooltreeguy LawnSite Senior Member

I also run all chevy and have 2 duramax trucks 2004, 2005 and they run great...

6. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Ford powerstroke here. have a dmax now, and am not very happy with it. it keeps dying on me, and i have to prime it to get it to start. dealers say cant find anything wrong with it... 5 times in the shop in 5 months. bad times... im getting a 07 f350 in 6-8 months.

7. coolluv

coolluv LawnSite Gold Member
    from Atlanta

Sounds like your getting air in the system. I would take it to another dealer. 3 times in for the same problem and no fix = lemon law.

Dave...

8. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Hey TLL350 don't let them spend a whole bunch of money on your truck I know what your problem is right now.

There are rubber O rings that seal the fuel pump that let air into the system and you have a no run situation. A friend of my brother had the same problem with his duramax they replaced everything untill they came down to a 50 cent O ring caused all the problems. Gm had the truck for 3 weeks trying to find the problem.

9. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

interesting... maybe ill suggest that next time.

10. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

get a F250 and a chev 2500 HD Duramax, put the drive train from the chevy in the Ford and have the Ultimate truck!!!