08 450

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by MuirsLandscaping, May 22, 2008.

1. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

I'm sure he's a "big" boy, and has done research pro's & con's with an investment like that. I know several Folks who are purchasing the "new" Ford diesels with some reservations, but brand loyalty runs like blood.

2. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

67,974 actual miles on the Dodge if you read the 39,00 miles is on the AMSOIL AME 15w-40 HD 12 TBN diesel oil with the dual by-pass oil filtration. I don't change the oil in the truck. I actually need to up the mileage on the oil. I purchased the truck with 17,500 miles like new, Tow 13,500 GTWR daily. Working it hard, owned the truck for a 1 1/2 years Don't start

3. ch973934

ch973934 LawnSite Member

Muir's, sweet truck! I'm kind of partial to that last '07 you guys got with the SS X-Blade and Curtis sander, but I love chrome on this one. The '08/'09s are growing on me...sweet truck none-the-less!

This one getting an X-Blade too?

Keep up the good work!
    CH

4. MuirsLandscaping

MuirsLandscaping LawnSite Member

yes we are getting a 9' SS x blade sometime near the fall we have had ford and has never failed us. i don't know the mpg's but its near 12 without a load or a trailer on it.

5. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Which rear does this truck have? Is it a job 3 truck?

6. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

i love that truck. i just got one to. I have a 08' F-450. drove it from chicago to texas, then from texas to las vegas averaged 6.4 MPG with a 20ft flatdeck equipment trailer carrying 4000 lbs. the fuel economy sucked. the whole trip was completed in one week and $4000.00 in fuel. that was 2 months ago, when diesel wasnt $5.00 per gallon.

7. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

Thats just super sweet.

8. blm86

blm86 LawnSite Member

beautiful truck, i would like one of those to be in my driveway in the morning

9. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

That was an expensive trip

10. Sunscaper

Sunscaper LawnSite Senior Member

I have an 04 just like that. Love it, has been my favorite truck so far. Best of luck with it.