1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

08 450

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by MuirsLandscaping, May 22, 2008.

1. Redmax EBZ7150

Redmax EBZ7150 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

awesome truck, but what brand of body you have on it?

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

4 year old post.......
  3. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

He's a rookie, they can't read dates.
  4. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Baller truck none the less
  5. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

I really like the look of the pinstriping!
  6. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Since the thread has been brought back to life how has the truck held up? For some reason the 6.4 had serious engine failure issues in some of the 450 & 550 trucks. Groundworks in Alvin Texas lost one engine at less then 20K and the other at about 42K. I think one of the replacement engines died as well. It's been a total nightmare for them. The dealership and Ford blamed them and has not fully honored the warranty. Their trucks have spent more time in the shop then on the road.

It's too bad Ford does not put it's better more heavy duty F650 & F750 engine in the smaller trucks. You still have to buy a truck minus the Ford logo if you want Fords top of the line F650 & F750 engine in a smaller truck. Or you can pay Destroked, Fordcummins.com, Beansdiesel.com, dieselconversion.com, or others to do the work. Let's see......How many companies specialize in putting GM 6.6's or Fords 7.3, 6.0, or even the new 6.7 into other trucks. Oh yes the number is ZERO!
  7. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 LawnSite Bronze Member

This truck looks amazing! Congratz
  8. WorldsStrongestLandscaper

WorldsStrongestLandscaper LawnSite Member

I second this how are the 08-2010 6.4 desiels holding up????? I need to know if I should skip on the desiel and go w the gasser. I have one truck from each phase like 99-04. 05-07. 97. 88. 79. Missing the 08-10 and would love one
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Come on now. Lets not start that crazy talk about HD trucks with spark plugs. I know die hard Ford guys are having a hard time staying loyal at times. From early 03 thru 2011 Ford has used four totally different engines while GM/Isuzu and Ram/Cummins engines have changed very little. The 5.9 went to a 6.7 but it's the same engine basically. It sounds like Fords 6.7 may be their best ever (and first in house) Powerstroke but it will take time to see if they can last for the long haul.

Competition is good for consumers so I hope Fords 6.7 puts pressure on the original 6.7 and the 6.6 to keep the horsepower and torque wars going. My mod'd 02' 5.9 made 983 pounds of torque (crank 1100+) at the rear wheels and I'd like to see factory numbers like that some day.

Like many others I'm a prior Ford (7.3) owner myself but it's all straight sixes I own now.