08 chevy 2500 Deal?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Petr51488, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I've been waiting some time for the employee pricing. Its an 08 chevy 2500 Gas 4x4 regular cab long bed with the 1lt package. Its got the usual things like the brake controller power windows, ac, etc. The truck was offered to me at 28,965 minus the 5,000 employee discount which brings it down to 23965. Then add on the tax tags and doc fee brings me to a total of 27,232. Is this something i should jump on? Hes willing to deliver the truck to me as well. Oh, and the sticker price is around 32k

2. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you have a good starting point. I recently purchased an 04 chevrolet 2500. Before I was shopping for a new chevrolet 2500. I went to 2 different dealers and both offered great deals. I went and give them the just looking attitude and the salesman was very "eager" to sell a vehicle. LOng story so I will try to be short. My truck I have now was bought at this dealership. It belonged to a friend of mine that was going to trade it in. I told him personally that i would buy his truck not to trade it in. He didn't beleive me and traded it in anyway. But he told the salesman that I "might" be interested in his old truck. I contacted my friend to ask a few questions about his "old" truck. We both were on the lot a week earlier this is when I told him i wanted his truck. he asked me how much they came of the sticker on the new truck I was looking at. I told him $13000 dollars. He just about sh*t his pants. Long story short he GAVE them his truck and bought his 08 for what they priced to me without a trade! Guys these dealers are starving, they want these 3/4 ton trucks gone! I would say keep working on the deal. Tell them you are looking at another dealership. Blow smoke up the a$$es. They started at 16900 on my 3/4 ton 04 extended cab and I got it below wholesale. Why? because they didn't have anything in it and I didn't jump on the first deal they offered. The 09s are coming out and THEY WANT THE 08S GONE. I would offer $23,000 out the door and see what they say. I know that sounds rediculous and it is but you have to work to get the best deal. It will take anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks to get a great deal on a vehicle.

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

thats no deal at ALL.

4. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Doesnt sound good to me.

5. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

We could of got one for 23

6. SunState Lawn Care inc

SunState Lawn Care inc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Jax, FL

Do you know what kind of mileage that truck gets? I have one an 04 mine is the crew cab though and it gets 9.2- 9.9 pulling a trailer and 13.9 on the highway without one mine has 410 gears the 373 gears will get a llittle better.

7. Petr51488

from NJ

23 including taxes and registration?

Wow, i actually thought i was getting a good deal. I still dont get how 10k off msrp (plus tax) is a terrible deal? Am i missing something here?

I'm not worried about the mileage. I have a diesel for the highway trips. I'm getting the same mileage on my 98 1500 5.7.

He just called and told me the truck we were talking about isnt there anymore, but found the same truck, but with the conveinience package which is about 550 more and cant make up the difference. My offer was 27 out the door.

8. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

No thats without taxes.

9. ericmcj31

ericmcj31 LawnSite Senior Member

doc. fees are a RIP! I never pay them--they come at me with the crap that it's REQUIRED! etc. etc.--I have ALWAYS made them back the 375 or whatever it is off the price of the vehicle. Do you charge 2.99 to send a bill each month?? Sorry-just a pet peave of mine! But seriously-that's just a cost of doing business-likewise for the auto dealers

10. Petr51488

from NJ

Thats pretty much what their offering me. tax is 2377, 805 for the dmv, and 85 for the doc fee. Now he says they dont have the truck anymore, but found the same thing with 500.00 more in options. So, if i get that truck for 27 out the door, i'll be paying around 23k just for the truck. Maybe you guys read it wrong? or am i just not getting it?