08 f350 6.4 powerjoke

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by supercuts, May 15, 2011.

1. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

so i havent had a rant about my POS in a while. turning 49K miles, 3.5 years old and I was changing my oil tonight. looking past the fact that there was about 5 extra quarts of fuel in the oil, while im draining it i notice all the huge rust flakes on my oil pan. WTF ford? really?? my 00' f350' oil pan is on its way out and they want $3k for that. NO MORE FORDS. do GM have the oil pan problems?? I know they still have exhaust manifold issues like ford, but hopefully thats it. I have 1.5 years left on the 5yr/100k warranty then she is gone.

after putting $5k down and $643/month for 3.5 years (2.5 left) I only have $2k in equity in it.

my 00 F550 is on its 3rd fuel tank due to delaminating, last time my 08 was in for service they didnt fix a single problem of my 8 complaints/issues including changing fuel filters WTF!!!!......NO MORE FORDS

2. OhioMowerGuy

OhioMowerGuy LawnSite Senior Member

My 04 duramax has been good. Motor and transmission has never been touched other than maintenance. 122k miles/6k hours. Ive had alot of front end work but ive had a 8.5ft blade on the front since it was new

3. Cummins343

Cummins343 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Kansas

get a dodge, problem solved! :)

4. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

I can figure out how one swears the 6.4 is the best and others swear at it..?
    The only diesel I don't want is the 6.0 navistar really screwed that engine ..

5. supercuts

I think the majority of my problem have to do with the regen. my understanding from dealers is that the 6.4 WAS a great engine but it wasnt living up to emissions as it was supposed to. to make it meet standards they reprogrammed it and screwed it up. My truck is fast as hell, but gets poor mileage. my buddy chipped/dpf deleted his and it is fast, runs great and gets much better mileage. I would but with all the problems i've had I'm affraid to do it and void the warranty. I have had injectors, radiator, mulitple pulleys, brake failures, heavy smoke issues, poor mileage, now rust? but come on, ive got a 78' with an origanal oil pan but new ones cant last 3.5 years?? manufactures got "smart" and realized if they make cars to last just up unitl the warranty runs out they will make alot on parts/repairs or new car sales. great for them....

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  6. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 LawnSite Member

Get your truck oil'd and take care of the truck and it won't rust.

7. supercuts

are you suggesting I coat my engine, rear diff cover, inside of the bed wheel wells, gas tank in oil?? really?? I've read my owners manual, must have missed the oil your truck section.

8. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 LawnSite Member

Its not in the owners manual, its the salt that causes rust. Coat the frame, oil pan, wheel wells, doors, tailgate, undercarriage, suspension components etc. People use a mix of oil and clearcoat. Keeping salt off the truck is the most important thing.

9. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Back in the day all rust belt vehicles had their undersides "ziebarted". An oily, waxy concoction that really didn't seem to slow down rusting and made working on them a nightmare.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I bet you could use Fluid film on those surfaces, eliminate some major rusting.