08 F550 good deal? lol

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

I was going to get a dump insert for mulching for our one F350 in a couple weeks... although this isnt a crew cab and isnt fancy by the least bit and pretty basic.. its dirt cheap for a new truck...

08 white F550 DIESEL 6.4L TT v8 powerstroke, 5sp torqueshift trans
    has 10 miles on it, standard cab, vinyl int, no cd player, manual everything, 2x4
    12' 4' sides black landscape body made by Reading http://www.readingbody.com/Portals/0/pdfs/LandscapeLit.pdf

I think these are about 10-11k installed.

The WHOLE truck is 27k, and that was their offer with some ford rebate. I havnt even negotiated on a price and won't need financing from them.

Truck msrp is 40k, body is say 10k, 50k truck for under 30 out the door with tax.

with a 11k body, that makes the truck cost 16k for a 6.4L v8 diesel chassis cab 08 f550 single cab Ford truck!

2. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

If you dont need the 4x4 then I would love that price, I havent looked for a while but wow that sounds nice.

3. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Yeh id say thats a pretty good deal! Post pics when you get it.

4. Lakewlc

Lakewlc LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah sounds like a really good deal

5. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

that is an awesome price for a 550! that was the exact bed i was looking at getting for our next dump, as it would work great for mulch,soil, light aggregate, but we also do alot of tree hauling and i realized that we would destroy that bed pretty quickly.

6. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

yeah its 12gauge floor i think, which isnt bad, but yeah dropping even a 2ft 12" round stump or log would probably dent it up a bit. We just use the dump trailer or regular truck beds for that, and still just place the big stuff in normally.

Here is a picture too[​IMG]
    [​IMG] Even has two side boxes.
    [​IMG]

7. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

That is a good price but I don't think I would touch a 6.4 with a 10 foot pole. I hear the power is good but your dealing with major head aches when it comes to repairs. If I was buying a new F-550 it would be V-10 powered.

8. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

yeh but you dont have to worry about it til 100k. so no biggy. And theyre very reliable, and not having many problems at all.

9. Lakewlc

Lakewlc LawnSite Bronze Member

better lookin than i thought. nice truck

10. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

It may go 100k it may not. When I looked under the hood of a 08 when they first came out I just shook my head and laughed. There is so much stuff crammed between two fenders and a hood it is unbeleiveable.

I'am a Ford man but I don't think I would buy a 6.4 because once the warranty runs out watch out the cost of repairs will be a small fortune.