08 ford f250 headlights not working

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by ygim, Mar 18, 2013.

1. ygim

ygim LawnSite Senior Member

It started with the drivers side then while we were trying to figure it out the passenger went out now I have no headlights except the highbeams.
    any help appreciated, thanks

2. windflower

windflower LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a 150 older than yours, but maybe this applies. There is or was some type of fuse or relay in the switch on the dash. One light going out before the other would seem to point elsewhere, but I remember the high beams still working. The fix was to replace the switch. Good luck with it.

3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey ygim have you tried to replace the light bulbs:waving:

4. ygim

Yes i did. have to work on it more today. Was out plowing sll night with just highbeams making people a little unhappy.

5. ecurbthims

ecurbthims LawnSite Senior Member

Are these plow lights or the original truck lights ?

6. ygim

Both so it has to be something with the wiring or the isolation module

7. ygim

i have power to the passenger side bulb changed the isolation module still no driver side headlight

8. jersey push

jersey push LawnSite Member

2008 was a bad year for light problems if you added a snow plow on the truck. When the snow plow was installed the Mfg. uses a harness that plugs into your existing headlamp harness to "jump" to the plow harness. The truck thinks theres and open circuit and cancels the power. Ford has to do an update on the computer to tell it its ok. The only reason I know is because i went through this.